just got my stamp 38/44

huggytree

Ive got a spare fluted barrel. To swap barrel you remove a pin and unthread correct ? The barrel was swapped when reactivated. Im wondering how easy it may come off.

Richard. This gun is often compared to a mp40. My mp40 bolt runs through my gun like its on rollers. The beretta is not nearly as smooth. Is it my gun ? Or is it just a bit rougher of a gun

Ive got a spare fluted barrel. To swap barrel you remove a pin and unthread correct ? The barrel was swapped when reactivated. Im wondering how easy it may come off.

Richard. This gun is often compared to a mp40. My mp40 bolt runs through my gun like its on rollers. The beretta is not nearly as smooth. Is it my gun ? Or is it just a bit rougher of a gun

APEX has a box of Beretta barrels that came out of the OOW shipment.

I have been taking one to Knob Creek the past 2 shows.

Some are still in the receiver stub, a few have been removed.

There is a pin that passes thru, the receiver and barrel.

I tried removing one from the stub, and it would not turn and the stub bent.

I would not try it on a live gun without really good fixtures and the advise of someone who has done this task before.

Looking at the spare bolts and parts I have on the shelf I noted 3 different types of bolts and 2 types of main drive spring and back cap assemblies.

The 2nd type reminds me of a STEN, the 1st type has a guide rod and a smaller diameter spring.

I have never taken much note of how the action feels when in motion to compare it to anything else.

The gun itself handles well, and it is nice to have 3 magazine capacities to select from.

Richard

The 38/44 change is the version with no guide rod

My barrel was removed and swapped when reactivated. So possibly it will come off easier. I will attempt it with caution.

Im going to further polish my bolt and see if it smooths out more