E1 Gas Tube Tie Down Wire

The "wire" is installed with safety Wire pliers. you can probably get it wired up with regular linemans pliers if you work at it. I use industrial grade SS wire, from places like Graingers. Most auto shops should have the wire - you do not really want to have to buy a whole roll. You could check auto parts stores too. The gas plug on the bottom is the critical item to wire. The retainers on the ends can be wired, I do because I use "never seize" on the threads of the gas piston . Makes it easier to dis-assemble. If you really can't find it, I can just mail you 12-18 inches of wire for postage -

The "wire" is installed with safety Wire pliers. you can probably get it wired up with regular linemans pliers if you work at it. I use industrial grade SS wire, from places like Graingers. Most auto shops should have the wire - you do not really want to have to buy a whole roll. You could check auto parts stores too. The gas plug on the bottom is the critical item to wire. The retainers on the ends can be wired, I do because I use "never seize" on the threads of the gas piston . Makes it easier to dis-assemble. If you really can't find it, I can just mail you 12-18 inches of wire for postage -

Too cool and thank you for the response. I love the hunt and i'm pretty good at it :)

I got my pliers from Amazon and they included a roll of wire that will be sufficient for my gas tube needs for quite a while. Not expensive and pretty easy to use.

That's exactly what I just did. Amazon. Couldn't decide so I got both pairs.

• 6 years later...