Russian Thompsons And You!

Guest hardrede

I just dont see why you would want to "stir the pot". I dont like the fact that you are calling BATFE and DOJ on these parts kits. Yeah, I have read all the other posts about the parts kits. Legal gun owners and NFA owners have enough problems with BATFE let alone calling then and telling them four times and putting it in their faces that parts kits are being brought into the country.

Let me ask you this: If you knew an WW2 veteran and he had a 1928a1 thompson that was probably un-registered, would you rat him out?

To me that is what it seems that you are doing.

Bill Ward

By his own admission, he is a troll.

Ignore him and he might go away. (wishful thinking http://www.machinegunbooks.com/forums/invboard1_1_2/upload/html/emoticons/rolleyes.gif )

QUOTE (moparnascar @ Jun 27 2005, 05:08 PM)
Let me ask you this: If you knew an WW2 veteran and he had a 1928a1 thompson that was probably un-registered, would you rat him out?

To me that is what it seems that you are doing.

There's no doubt in my mind that he would. Then he would post somewhere "See! I told you so !. I'm right again!". Of course then he would say "The law is the law"

Hardrede

What it is that I am questioning is the fact that you called four times about the imported parts kits. I dont know if you told them or not who imported them. But it dosent take a rocket scientist to figure out who and where. If I remember correctly back a month or so ago, you was the one who made a big stink about the parts that was consificated at the Houston airport. At the time you was going to call several different authorities and get it resolved or whatever.

I agree with you that current laws stink on this matter. And yes they do need to be changed. But making it aware to BATFE and DOJ every time you see imported U.S. parts kits is wrong.

I have been a 07FFl/03 for some time. I have never been a 02 or otherwise. I am a NRA member and NFAOA. I do not like the new ITAR fees. I do not like BATFE's agenda on destroying ww2 firearms. And taking legal weapons from deceased veterans family members because of paperwork problems.

I just think that your agenda on getting the parts and guns that you want from overseas has clouded your vision. You need to make people aware of what you are trying to do without destroying all the parts kits that are here already.

Bill Ward

Hardrede: You are a troublemaker with ovious mental illness, your ranting on this board over the years is notorious, we would all do better without your input. Why don't you go work for the government, you would fit right in.

Mike Hammer

Hey guys,

Regardless of some of the opinions of Hardrede; he is correct. Some of you guys may flame me for saying so, but it's the truth.

These Russian dewats, de-activated guns, and parts are not what you want to have when the BATF comes knocking.

As for turning in a WW2 (or any war) vet; I woudn't.

Norm

QUOTE (Norm @ Jun 27 2005, 10:48 PM)
Hey guys,

Regardless of some of the opinions of Hardrede; he is correct.  Some of you guys may flame me for saying so, but it's the truth.

These Russian dewats, de-activated guns, and parts are not what you want to have when the BATF comes knocking.

As for turning in a WW2 (or any war) vet; I woudn't.

Norm

I know this is not what the original post deals with, but how are they going to prove the provenance of say a barrel. As we argue this I'm having a nice TSMG barrel installed on my semi Westie. The barrel is perfect so it could well be one of these "contraband" pieces, but how would they ever prove it after they raid my home?

The barrel is perfect so it could well be one of these "contraband" pieces, but how would they ever prove it after they raid my home?

Z3,

There probably is no way to tell on just a barrel. I am just saying that the Russian imported stuff is contraban.

Honestly speaking, a sizable percentage (5%?) of Thompson parts floating around could be contraban, but there is no way to know which parts are and which aren't.

I think many people may fall victim to "guilt by association." That is, a person buys a part (such as a barrel) from a person and it is legit, but later on that person (that sold the part) gets caught with a couple of Russian kits (provable by markings, SNs, etc.) The ATF may decide to go to everyone that he sold to within a certain period.

Z3, on another subject- How's that project gun comming along? This is the gun with the registered firing pin, right? Email me with some info a pics if you got'em! http://www.machinegunbooks.com/forums/invboard1_1_2/upload/html/emoticons/wink.gif

Norm

Ok, let me throw the next turd in the punch bowl.

I go to a gun show as I do often. Guy there is selling parts kits for a M1 or 1928. There is no reciever, just the usual suspects. I buy one. It looks just like the other 2 kits I bought years ago from somewhere. Now, how do you prove it is a Ruskie Thomski? There is no number stamped on the lowers, usually. And if there is, I don't think they recorded the serial numbers that went to them in 1940. http://www.machinegunbooks.com/forums/invboard1_1_2/upload/html/emoticons/wink.gif

Mike is right. I personally inspected the shipment of parts that were held at Houston Intercontinental and there was no mention of serial numbers on any of the paperwork that accompanied the parts.

My slant on this is that a recall of the parts is unlikely but it still could happen. The last recall dealing with Interordnance of America's stuff was initiated because the parts could be readily assembled and made to function as a machinegun with little effort or skill. The parts coming in from Russia do not even have receiver parts attached. The barrels were removed from the receivers as were the rear sights.

FEIB screwed up this time but I bet they learn their lesson.

Your humble servant

PLEASE>>>don't tell me now we are having ad's to read>

RARE,RARE,RARE,original {maybe}from former soviet union,we are not sure just yet,but maybe,anyhow kit's for $5,679.00.how are you going to have that rare part.if your tommy break's?? be ready for all possible problem's in future, with one of these kit's..we also carry the super rare,1928a1 kit with super duper rare tail finned barrel!!

and lyman rear site.

wood look's like godzilla chewed on it. however we have the original sandpaper that was used by russian troop's for this purpose.$100.00 a roll,still in wax nabisco cookie wrapper.

i feel with all hardrede has reported here" the gov. is out of hand... heck i could not even get a russian svds out of russia for past five year's,even a sample!!{i gave up on that already}

and custom's destroyed the six micro-uzi's in bond. trying to get one of those also.

we should all worry about the crazy price's,new fee's. the mix-mosh of law's.and if possible in future we will even be in the market anymore...

you seem to all forget the thompson you hold so dearly is worthless...if nobody has the interest or buck's...or ability to buy it!!

what a 21a going for $30,000.00 yep legally,

the other way on the street,it's a wallhangar...........

they have much better stuff.

we all get stuck in the history of it all. we will all be history if the current path is left unpaved.

hopefully import's branch all will get worked out.and they will play from the same book. we are not the enemy...however the current law's scare me...

thanks to all for the input.have a good summer,stay kool!!

take care,ron