Visiting San Francisco Need Help

Morning,

just thought I'd ask a question.

I'm soon to be visiting an old friend in San francisco at the beginning of November and was wondering whether any members know of places I can visit where I can go shooting.

I would like to be able to shoot various guns, Thompson, MG42 etc.

Is there anywhere within SF or the surrounding areas where I will be able to do this.

Cheers

D

The closest place to shoot is in Nevada near Reno. That's over 240 miles from SF. I know this because I moved from SF to the Reno area partially so's I could own Class III firearms. There's a whole hell of a lot of them up here. If you want any more info, such as a club that has Class III for rent or instruction - e-mail me. But, zero places in Kalifornia - sorry!

If you drop your keys, kick them all the way to Nevada before you pick them up! http://www.machinegunbooks.com/forums/invboard1_1_2/upload/html/emoticons/biggrin.gif

Thanks everyone for the response, jesus it sounds like SF is worse than the UK.

I may have to convince my friend to travel to Reno then, seems like there's more fun there and better scope to experience shooting those guns.

Politicians do my bloody head in, why can't they leave things alone and go sort out the real issues which affect people.

Anyway, if any of you have any information regarding specific places then by all means email me, smokinbiker@hotmail.com.

Thanks guys

Don

Don't forget your "protection" and I don't mean the kind that throws lead!!!

BWAHHHHAAAAA!!!

Get the hence to another state for MG's

Ken

Not sure what you're on about Ken, 'protection' if i think it's what you're referring to not sure what that has to do with the topic here, but anyway.

Thanks guys for all your help, will most certainly leave the californian state and head somewhere else for the shooting i'd like to experience.

QUOTE (smokinbiker @ Oct 20 2005, 01:04 AM)
Not sure what you're on about Ken, 'protection' if i think it's what you're referring to not sure what that has to do with the topic here, but anyway.

Thanks guys for all your help, will most certainly leave the californian state and head somewhere else for the shooting i'd like to experience.

Hmmmm...... staying on topic what a concept..................

well Z3BigDaddy, i can hardly see what condoms and visiting SF have to do with the question I asked or is TNKen wanting to know my sexuality. I didn't realise that had a bearing on the question either.

Christ, will that be one of the questions asked at the airport when i fly in, will bring my little black book so they can check.

Enough. My comment was a fricking joke. Get over it. Nothing about your sexuality implied.

FYI, California is #2 in the country for HIV/AIDS infection, with a significant portion of those infected being women. SF ranks right there as the #2 hotspot in Calif. for the disease. I assume and have no reason to doubt that you are a normal male. Point is be careful. Google it to get stats.

On the real question, to be helpful, here is Bowers list of RDL's in Nevada. I understand that Jon at Parhump Valley shoots regularly and enjoys taking people out in the desert to shoot. Give him a call.

Also call Machine Gun Kelly's, I undestand they have an indoor range and rent MG's.

I apologize if you found my comments offensive, they made were purely in fun. Have a great trip.

Brian J. Borg

Specialties: Class 3

1516 Highway 395 Unit C

Gardnerville, NV 89410

Phone: 775 230-4337 (cell)

E-mail: bbgunroomREMOVETHISSPAMGARD@hotmail.com

http://www.interactiveshooting.com

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Pahrump Valley Police Supply - Jon Belfort

Specialties: Class 2

3201 South Bride St.Suite-A

Pahrump, NV 89048

Phone: (775) 751-1105

E-mail: PVPS775REMOVETHISSPAMGARD@TEKNETT.COM

Homepage: N/A

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Darryl Reed - Mountain Arms

123 Crestview St.

Mt. Charleston, NV 89124

Phone: (702) 872-5288

E-mail: mtarmsREMOVETHISSPAMGARD@softcom.net

Prokopios (Ike) Ziros

3001 E. Charleston Suite #A

Las Vegas, NV 89104

Phone: (702) 256-9771 Office and Fax

E-mail: zeusnarisREMOVETHISSPAMGARD@aol.com

=======================================

Machine Gun Kelly's Gun Vault

1631 E. Sunset Rd. #C-109

Las Vegas, NV 89119

702-837-8383

QUOTE (smokinbiker @ Oct 21 2005, 12:34 AM)
well Z3BigDaddy, i can hardly see what condoms and visiting SF have to do with the question I asked

Uh, that was my point.... If you want a m/b that stays on topic you might be dissappointed if you hang around here.... But if you also want the help of a cadre of very astute Thompson people you need to stick around.....

Thanks Ken,

no I didn't take offense, just found it a bit strange thats all, as my first message had no sexual undertones at all. I can take a joke anytime, normally I'm full of one liners, sarcastic replies, should have seen it for that and sent you one back.

So here goes, I will not be bending down to pick up anything I've dropped on the floor in SF.

Thanks for the information regarding the places i should visit, seems guns are becoming an issue in the politicans eyes of america just as they have been for sometime in the UK.

It does my head in, when something goes wrong, they blame the object, rather than the bloody idiot who did the thing in the first place. was watching the news last night (going off topic here but you will get the point), 3 boys were killed in a car accident on a coast road near Blackpool. Locals, the parents are calling for the council to put speed limits in place, speed cameras to slow the road down.

BUT what about the stupid idiot who was driving the car at over 100mph down an unlit road, driving a high performance car he bought because he could show off in it and didn't know how to handle it properly.

I'm sorry but these bloody people do my head in, they're extremely quick to blame everyone else except the idiot who was driving, why the hell was he driving such a car, why the hell did the parents allow it.

The same goes for guns, it aint the gun thats the problem but the person behind it.

Jesus when is this world going to wake up and smell the roses.

Thanks for the advice