Flashlight Grip

I disagree! I have taped my Surefire to the vertical foregrip before whilst hunting armadillos in the yard. You just reach up and push the back of the light and it comes on. Kind of a strange thing to take out armadillos with, but they were tearing up my lawn and flower beds in the summertime. Killed 4 at one time. Didn't use full auto however. I would have used a 1911, but I am a terrible pistol shot and my suppressed 10/22 is still pending transfer. Yes its legal to hunt with Mgs and silencers here in Arkansas. I don't "hunt" with the Tommy gun, but I use it for close up (inside 50 yard) varmit control.

Jr

Nothing dumb about that at all. I had a flash light clamped to my WH 27 when I was keeping it loaded a while back for home defense when we had a rash of break-in's in my area.

"Target identification," what should happen before bullets are fired

my .02

BB

I don't care for a flashlight, but I have a custom scoperail that will clamp onto the rearmost portion of the barrel on my '28. A specially cut-out horizontal grip completes the package. I put a bushnell Holosite on it and the gun is absolutely deadly!!! (And it don't look too bad, neither!!)

Bought it a few years ago from a machinist in Washington who does some really nice work!!

When my wife gets her new digital camera for xmas I'll zap a pic of this and post it!

john

Arthur,

But of course you un-screw the buttstock first! http://www.machinegunbooks.com/forums/invboard1_1_2/upload/html/emoticons/smile.gif

Zamm

John Jr.,

Glad to meet a fellow armadillo hunter. The Thompson is particularly reassuring when hot on the trail of a big boar 'diller. The 20 round magazine is just the right size when you rake the little buggers with hot lead.

Arthur,

My nick name at work started out as Big Boy, and got shortened to BB, I have been known to point and fire my old WH with one hand. I'm going to miss that gun, it was in my brothers trunk when a car slid into him at an interscection wednesday when we got all that snow. He's OK, future of gun uncertian as it is still mashed in there, stock is gone but we don't know until we take a cutting torch and sawzall to remove it if recever is dead.

Anyways, no interior doors (except bathroom), high cielings, and I used to check out things that went bump in the night with an M1 Grand when I lived in the country. Laugh if you will but it was easyer to manover the WH than my 32" barreled shotgun with turkey choke "welded" in neglect of former owner not lubricating or removing for a couple of decades.

BB

Don't know that charecter, my litterary skills must be getting rusty.

My Better Half refers to me as Burt Gummer's redneck brother, for those of you who have seen any of the three Tremors movies or the Serries on Sci Fi. I've got the pic to prove it; not computer literate enought to figure out how to post it though...

BB

My WH is a 27a1

We got it cut out of the trunk today, buttstock and pistol grip are goners, screw threw pistol grip bent. Action works ! surprised me. I went ahead with plan B and bought another, should be ariving after Christmas. My brother has been trying to buy my old one anyway. Not sure if I'll sell him my old one or new one when it comes. Might just keep both ( make up for him bending the barrel of my BB gun http://www.machinegunbooks.com/forums/invboard1_1_2/upload/html/emoticons/tongue.gif ) . Robbed a buttstock from my parts kit awaiting a Richardson display recever and I've got a spare pistol grip from the parts I got from Poprivit for my Uncles FA. I hope to get the screw straitend tomarrow or I'll rob the one from the parts kit and go give it a try.

BB