GSH-23 Manuals

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Karl_T

Karl_T

• Regular Group
  • 4 posts

Posted 25 September 2018 - 09:51 PM

Be kind to the FNG, first post on this board.

I am the proud new owner of a GSH-23 parts kit from Bowman Arms.

I am having no luck finding information on this weapon. Has anyone seen manuals for it?

Karl

#2 dalbert

dalbert

Website Owner

• Admin
  • 4607 posts

Posted 26 September 2018 - 07:06 PM

Are you talking about a 23mm, double barreled, Soviet made automatic cannon?  If so, I would keep looking on eBay for a Soviet manual.  I would imagine they are uncommon, as I've not seen one, though it's out of my area of interest.

David Albert

dalbert@sturmgewehr.com

#3 Karl_T

Karl_T

• Regular Group
  • 4 posts

Posted 27 September 2018 - 06:50 PM

yes, that is what I am after. Ebay is a good idea, I will put an email notice on a search. 

#4 APEXgunparts

APEXgunparts

RKI Member

• Regular Group
  • 64 posts
  • Interests:Military history & martial arms.

Posted 28 September 2018 - 01:19 AM

At one time we had a very cool animation of the GSH-23 linked onto our web site.
It was fascinating to watch!
If I had the talent and time I would like to motorize the action and make it into a display (sans barrels)

Richard

#5 Karl_T

Karl_T

• Regular Group
  • 4 posts

Posted 28 September 2018 - 09:55 AM

I would like to see that animation if you can find it. I've looked at your offer for GSH-23 many times. Need to add some big beltfeds to the collection.

I found this book on line "SOVIET CANNON a comprehensive study of Soviet guns and ammunition in calibers 12.7mm to 57mm" by Christian Koll. It has five good pages on the GSH-23 including drawing of how the assembly goes together. The book is 683 pages with a discussion of every large soviet weapon and ammo.

What my dream is a armorers manual for the GSH-23. Doubt I'll ever find it though.

#6 DougStump

DougStump

RKI Member

• Regular Group
  • 327 posts

Posted 28 September 2018 - 06:22 PM

Anyone know of a source for 23x115mm rounds for this cannon (not HE of course).  I would love to have one.

#7 Karl_T

Karl_T

• Regular Group
  • 4 posts

Posted 28 September 2018 - 06:32 PM

Bob Bowman told me he has about 1K inert rounds. the projo needs to be pulled and then a bushing soldered in to hold a 50 BMG primer, then reload.  I'm sure this will be the only game in town.  I spent years looking for DShK ammo. Ended up buying  rounds where the projo and power was pulled, or a primed empty case.  My understanding, regulations prevent import of Russian large caliber ammo.

Edited by Karl_T, 28 September 2018 - 06:50 PM.