PAWS Thompson

I have never heard of PAWS. Maybe they were not quite so elite. This is the first

I have seen or heard of a PAWS conversion. Like Dan says none of the pictures show

a receiver or a trigger frame with the O.1" step which would be there is the gun was

originally a semi auto. But then what is it? How was it converted? I would love to know

but unless somebody here knows about these it will probably remain an obscure

variant.

Bob

Looks just like my West Hurley did when I bought it... R

Price should be less than a West Hurley 1928. Most likely a good shooter, but I would have to see it in person and test fire it before I would bid on it. It looks like one of the mags may be for the semi. Hard to tell from the photos.

Is this a AOC West Hurley 1927A1 semi-automatic rifle that has been converted to a submachine gun?

I'm going to go out on a limb on this one. Looking at each photo over and over, I say yes. It is a semi converted to a full. Note the purple control lever, a know characteristic of the old West Hurley guns, both full and semi. The obvious give away is WEST HURLEY, NY on the right side. The mismatched colors on the upper and lower. It also looks like grind marks on the mag release. Could be marks from use, but kind of looks like grind marks.

So, in my opinion and playing with my dozen or so of semi autos, it sure looks like a semi that was converted by PAWS (Police Automatic Weapons Services).

Yes, it's a west hurley semi converted with a GI lower. Fairly simple to do, but utilizes semi cut mags since that part of it was left alone. It's registered and it likely works fine? Value of a bastardized WH.....I guess an auction is the best venue to find out what a shooter thompson is worth to someone. Too bad they didn't do more of them as the registry is pretty short on guns!

was Paws a high quality FA maker?

i grabbed a Paws Sterling recently for a bargain and plan to just grab the tube to make a real sterling out of...i was told the gun was a POS, but the tube is high quality

People pick on Stemple, but ive been extremely please with the (2) guns of his i own...i see quality in them and the thickest tube out there!

i grabbed what looks NIB for $7500 3 months ago...didnt even bargain with him...here, take my money..after a $400 parts kit and $2200 for andrewski's magic ill have a $10,500 Sterling Mk4

i typically see these $12,000...most are .45...they are a simplified Sterling of PAWS own design...on the surface they look 99% like a sterling, but from what i can tell its flimsy and blah...they dont sell well....only 100 or so made...mine is like serial # 15 or close.

i see his name on several guns, so he must have done hundreds of transferables of all types...m16 may be the most common one

If you put a full auto bolt in a semi receiver it sticks down 0.100" so you

cannot slide the trigger frame on. Machining off the step on th receiver does

not change this. So does this have a custom bolt that is 0.100" shorter in height

to fit/work with the semi receiver?

Bob