Just About to Reach 10,000 Members on Machinegunboards.com

We have 9975 members as I write this. Soon to be 10,000. A really big milestone.

I was just texting with my brother, and we plan to do several upgrades in mid-to-late October. As we firm up the date, I will announce it, because there could be some brief system downtime. The site will have a slightly different look, but I will try to make it as similar as I can. We'll have some new features within the forums, and I plan to activate the Gallery add-on at that time.

Thank You!

David Albert

dalbert@sturmgewehr.com

Thanks to you and your brother for all the efforts you have made over the years for our Thompson community, its been interesting visiting now for well over 20 years, the information that we have shared over the years has been most enriching.

This has been and will be for years to come a wonderful forum for me with a vast wealth of knowledge and a lot of knowledge sharing. Thank you for this wonderful gathering place!

Although I am a newer member here than many of the seasoned collectors on here, I am happy to be in a group of like minded folks that have the same passion for these guns and ensuring that their history will thrive for years to come and not be lost to time. Not to sound like an echo chamber from the previous posts, but thank you to those that got this party started years ago and thanks to those that have been keeping it going along the way. I can't wait to see what the future holds for this group.

Im on this site every day ! I really enjoy reading and getting involved where I can, but more reading. Thank you to the community for being open to new members like myself when I have a comment or question. This group of people are def nicer than some other sites ...cough.... WG.

Edited by signal_4

Im on this site every day ! I really enjoy reading and getting involved where I can, but more reading. Thank you to the community for being open to new members like myself when I have a comment or question. This group of people are def nicer than some other sites ...cough.... WG.

Also smarter, and better looking.

David, thanks,

One other thing I very much appreciate, how THIS forum hasn't gone down the path of 99% of all others by using vulgarities to describe anything. We live in a world where everything seems to be "F" this or that and it's common place in everything. This forum has and will continue to have heated debates over the nuances of topic, but it has never reached the point of "...you" within the thread, maybe by PM, but not in the thread. Of nearly 20 years I have been here, this has been the uncommon place of shared knowledge and interest, and yes debate. But for the most part polite. I prefer to think that in the evolving electronic age this information forum will be preserved beyond my years as many we have known have already passed, and someday others will look back on this and see it for how just "uncommon" it was.

Edited by Motorcar
  • Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...