Who is Going to the SAR Show in December?

The SAR show part takes up the double sized yellow tin building . The crossroads show fills like six more buildings plus a large tented area that would fill 1-2 more buildings . I usually go to it one day now and it takes that long to go through the big yellow completely . Used to be able to cover it all in three days , but not any more . Almost like the ol' great western show.

Chris

This is perhaps the best Western gun/militaria show of the year. I'll be set up at the Crossroads show(main building) and it's genrally a good show for me. I always get to spend some time at the SAR but it's generally a function of how much time I can get my wife to tend the tables.

One entry pass gets you into both shows.

Jim

Edited by james m

Oh , yes . I plan on being in the Yellow building on Sat. I'll be wearing the tan Aussie style hat with the shiny Browning belt-fed on tripod pin front / center and black Garand , Springfield 03 , Carbine , and drum fed Thompson pins on the left-right flanks .

Chris

• 1 month later...

Will be going again this year I think that makes 14 years there maybe 15. with age now I lose count and it all blurs together. anybody want a Colt 21a 98% cond for $5,000.00??

ha ha. will be around to say hi to Gordon and the crew. and listen to all the war stories. had a good time the past two years had tables but not this year, heck I spent most of my time going over the old days with Neal Smith. and I see somebody is selling #5050.that was a all original 98% when I sold it.WOW from $10,000.00 to now $65,000 how time and money fly's. still know many Thompson's residing in hideouts. probably won't ever see the light of day.and if they do everybody around here will be 75 or older and won't care.

well enough chit chat for now. I wish everybody on the forum good health and good times.RON K.

Colt 21a

that darn #1310. I have something laying in boxes around someplace. when I sold off a bunch of stuff to two members here. not sure what was in all the boxes.i know it might have been two of the motorcycle mount guns.4804 or 4810 was another have to look up old lists.. hey its still a nice 21a and early also.will bring you a auto ord letterhead for it.> I still have a few here,I think Tony got a few also of those.Ron

Jack I will be looking up Neal, since I won't have tables this year will be on the fly everyplace. over by Gordon's.,Landies', Spengel's.Gemtech, Dennis Todd. and Marty Pearl invited me over, wanted to talk guns about stuff he bought from me 30 years ago.{he still has it} and have to talk to Tommy Nelson. we go back over 40 year's.. man it sucks to get old.i need another 20 to get things done. ha ha.

sad to say my old books contacts has more crossed off then on it anymore.it was like a who's who!

now today history. RON

I think Ron will be there he was last year for awhile talking with Richardson and Gordon.

so am I sure if he go's this year he will stay for a photo op.

I will be trying to buy up all the goodies coming in the gate new program this year. stop them before they get into the building. and make them a great offer.

RON K.

Actually Mike after I turned in everything about four years ago. and sold off about everything. {moved my last fifty pieces} in the last few years. including all Garands, P-38 rig's. Dragunov's

. K-98's..g-43's k-43's 1911's Hi-Powers you name it, accs. brochures, books, manuals.i emptied two 15x15 room's and a 20x20 storage space.and three safes moved out I feel about two ton's lighter.

My biggest problem it was such a bizarre collecting theme nobody wanted all of it.

since P-38 guys like mostly P-38's. and Russian AK guys like mostly AK and com /bloc stuff.

and of course Carbine and Garand go for that.{ kept my Dragunov Sniper Award.}

and Adolph Gallands signed book. and some misc items,which still fills a 10x10 room.

however I did have three guys who bought all of my SKS collection. Yugo, East German,NVA

Chinese ,Russian, so my trip will be to buy something they really don't want to own anymore.

and cheap! not like two SAR shows ago for that $8,500.00 grease gun. but that MP-40 for $13,000.00 was great.{ now both gone}

we own just the memories of the stuff. otherwise we just rent and hold it for the next guy. just hoping they will keep the history alive and appreciate it like we did.

One day we all get to that reality some sooner then other's. and I was always thankful I was able to enjoy it. Ron Colt21a

UPDATE looks like I will be getting a table near Neal Smiths tables, so I can sit down when I want and have lunch. and if I buy anything a place to store it.

if any claymores are around it.buyer beware ha ha, RON