Happy Birthday Dalbert

Thanks, Arthur. The Tippmans are already covered by the BMG board, but if you will give me some compelling reasons to create a board specifically for the them, I will do so.

David Albert

dalbert@sturmgewehr.com

The only thread regarding Tippmanns in the BMG boards is a 2003 ad for the Lakeside Tippmann reproductions. There were only 214 original Ft. Wayne Tippmanns with individual characteristics that do not appear to be determined by the sequence of serial numbers. The Tippmann could warrant their own board as they do not share much with their full size namesakes and some examples even exceeded the value of actual 1919, 1917, Ma Deuce Brownings. Am I spinning my wheels?

Might as well make it a "another" lakeside board then, since Eric had gone through most of Dennis' old guns since most ran pretty poor. He told me they were all hand fitted essentially and the fixtures were pretty much junk. It would be a rare case for a tippman to overrun the price of an equivalent side plate gun which is where the pricing has tended to stay. Not sure if Eric still has a board up or not? I used to stop at the shop on occasion and shoot......mostly the breeze, but occasionally my guns. That's a pretty limited number of folks for discussion, since a bunch of guys own more than one, and most are old timers on the transferables anyhow. Standing amongst many of them, many times, I never did actually shoot one?

Might as well make it a "another" lakeside board then, since Eric had gone through most of Dennis' old guns since most ran pretty poor. He told me they were all hand fitted essentially and the fixtures were pretty much junk.

Looks as if interest in a Tippmann forum has already generated a response. Have had conversations with both Eric and Dennis. Neither one ran down the others mini Brownings. That you never actually fired any Tippmanns, but believe they are "junk" is certainly an endorsement for a forum that educates potential buyers with real life ownership experiences.

Rare case?

Side plate Browning sold $23K

Tippmann mini 1919 Browning F/A sold $35K

Arty,

Where did the Tippmann sell for $35K?? You must be into some real high end auctions!

My data shows them at around $7.5 - 8.5K recently (past couple years). I know because I was bridesmaid at $7K on a 1917 Tippmann.

Arty,

Where did the Tippmann sell for $35K?? You must be into some real high end auctions!

My data shows them at around $7.5 - 8.5K recently (past couple years). I know because I was bridesmaid at $7K on a 1917 Tippmann.

Mike,

Didn't want to derail Dave's birthday recognition, but the prices you recollect are for semi-auto Tippmanns.

2009 Julia auction

Tippmann F/A M2 Browning $15K

2012 Julia auction

Tippmann semi-auto 1919 $7K

2015 Julia auction

Tippmann semi-auto 1917 $14.5

Currently for sale from Mockingbird Precesion:

Tippmann F/A 1919 - $20K

Tippmann F/A M2HB - $25K

In six years the semi auto Tippmann sold for nearly the same price previously reserved for F/A Tippmanns. That by 2017 a F/A Tippmann would sell above $30K is not unrealistic. That is was a 1919 and not the rarer F/A M2 is startling.

Edited by Arthur Fliegenheimer

Arthur....fixtures, not necessarily the guns. While I've never owned one, I've stood in the shop many times observing and observing at the firing line by Eric's. I agree that's not an "ownership" experience, but I do own a more than complete set of full size guns though appearance is the only common thread. Do you own a full set? Looking forward to hearing your hands on, on the new board! And of course pictures of all your Tippman's. They are neat little guns with a market about the size of the guns themselves.

• 11 months later...

Just looked at the calendar and didn't want it to go by completely unnoticed. A little belated, but Happy Birthday David! and a hearty thanks for all that you do to keep this board going!!

Andrew

Couple days late but happy birthday!!!

I can add that Machinegun boards is mostly accessible in China for this westerner, except several hotel WiFis did not like it and routed me to some BS site.

Ron

Edited by ron_brock
  • Upvote 1