If they come for the guns?

I don't listen to CNN not ever. I get my news from a variety of sources: Washington Post, NPR, BBC, occasionally Duetsche Welle and France 24 when relevant.

I don't have an FFL. I graduated college long ago and had a long and very successful career as a mechanical engineer

FWIW it's not a matter of inserting words, it's a matter of logic. By definition there would be no transition of power if Trump wins. That only happens if he loses

ppgcowboy,

If there's one thing I learned in my 76 years is, its a waste of time trying to enlighten a left wing democrat.

If a person thinks that Biden is the answer in this election, then it must have been a very stupid question.

Save you breath.

Jim C

Holy smokes, your not kidding!

StrangeRanger,

actually every single one of your points is off 180 degrees, I didn't think it was possible to get it that wrong?

The tax cuts helped me out and I'm no billionaire, just a working stiff. Additionally they brought back billions from offshore that got taxed which brought in substantially more tax revenue and manufacturing investment in the US. I drive by the sole Foxconn plant in the US that would never have been here in addition to the hundreds of millions in investments adjacent to it, and the guys I know that worked there for over a year and made bank.

The "world" is vastly more stable than any point in decades and they guy is likely to deserve a peace prize for actually negotiating peace treatys unlike the last poser.

Climate change.... It's cold here now, at one time it was a hot rain forest where I stand. If all the ice in world melted tomorrow, sea levels could rise possibly 2-3 inches, but likely evaporation would cut that substantially. You see ice is less dense than water, so if the ice melts it takes up less room. Of course it floats so some sits above sea level, so it's mostly a wash as to actually rising. You're aware windmills and solar panels do not generate enough electricity to pay for themselves over their lifespan.......which is limited not infinite. Electric cars run mainly on coal! And of course the batteries originate in dirty plants in Gyna.

His response to covid....well you can read it on Joebiden.com. Everything Joe outlines we are already doing and then some. There are no national mandates, because it's unconstitutional and left to the states. Even Joe's plan says he'll make the governors do it, because he can't. Not sure you noticed but Saturday Trump was dying, tonight.....like Lazarus he walked off a helicopter onto the sea where he walked across the water into the white house. LOL Now he has immunity from the virus, Joe does not. How can Joe be elected if he's likely to die from the rona like he says everyone else is? Doesn't seem wise to elect a guy that's likely to die? Dementia is a co-morbidity.

Will we all be sent to concentration camps in NY where innocent helpless people are intentionally exposed to ga.... I mean a virus? Hey, they all had Obamacare I guess? Or were those the 75 year olds that didn't qualify for a transplant. Just give them a pill and make them comfortable? Or was it a virus?

His racism doesn't exist. His opponent on the other hand, well he put Kamala on the school bus to racial segregation. After all you're not black if you don't vote for Joe.

Staffing and agencies....LOL, it's government dumbed down to the lowest levels of competence where you score points on a postal exam because of how you look which has nothing do with qualifications. I deal with government on a daily basis and have lost IQ points. Anyone from the outside is a fresh view and an improvement.

Let's talk about Joe's "self dealing" A humble public servant who never made more than $250K a year, yet somehow in the last 2 years he made 15 million, his brother made tens of millions, and Hunter....a wizzard in oil and gas made millions as well after being dishonorable discharged from the military?

The affordable care act, you mean the one that more than doubled everyone's insurance rates and deductibles within a couple years, and those are for the lucky people whose insurance companies didn't go bankrupt altogether and cancel their policies? The health care plan that forces homeless people to purchase insurance because they are alive? The plan that gave a no bid multi billion contract to an Obama donor to process all the records?

Right now people are illegally early voting in this state in democrat precincts only, with no photo ID, and handing their ballots to "ballot collectors" in city parks and at some point later they are taken to election offices all the while being "unsecured" for days, then immediately mixed in with mailed in absentee ballots so they cannot be checked for irregularities like opened envelopes, etc. Naa no cheatin going on there.

How about the Somali vote in MN, no cheatin there either LOL. If we could all Marry our brothers and sisters!

By the peaceful transition of power you mean Trump is wiretapping Biden's phones and monitoring them for the last 6 months? Oh, wait didn't someone else do that? Hey should we use the Logan act against the Biden's because of Hunter and Joe's collusion with Russia, China, and the Ukraine where Joe had a prosecutor fired before he would release foreign aid?

I'm sorry did I say anything that wasn't true?

ppgcowboy,

If there's one thing I learned in my 76 years is, its a waste of time trying to enlighten a left wing democrat.

If a person thinks that Biden is the answer in this election, then it must have been a very stupid question.

Save you breath.

Jim C

Holy smokes, your not kidding!

StrangeRanger,

actually every single one of your points is off 180 degrees, I didn't think it was possible to get it that wrong?

The tax cuts helped me out and I'm no billionaire, just a working stiff. Additionally they brought back billions from offshore that got taxed which brought in substantially more tax revenue and manufacturing investment in the US. I drive by the sole Foxconn plant in the US that would never have been here in addition to the hundreds of millions in investments adjacent to it, and the guys I know that worked there for over a year and made bank.

The "world" is vastly more stable than any point in decades and they guy is likely to deserve a peace prize for actually negotiating peace treatys unlike the last poser.

Climate change.... It's cold here now, at one time it was a hot rain forest where I stand. If all the ice in world melted tomorrow, sea levels could rise possibly 2-3 inches, but likely evaporation would cut that substantially. You see ice is less dense than water, so if the ice melts it takes up less room. Of course it floats so some sits above sea level, so it's mostly a wash as to actually rising. You're aware windmills and solar panels do not generate enough electricity to pay for themselves over their lifespan.......which is limited not infinite. Electric cars run mainly on coal! And of course the batteries originate in dirty plants in Gyna.

His response to covid....well you can read it on Joebiden.com. Everything Joe outlines we are already doing and then some. There are no national mandates, because it's unconstitutional and left to the states. Even Joe's plan says he'll make the governors do it, because he can't. Not sure you noticed but Saturday Trump was dying, tonight.....like Lazarus he walked off a helicopter onto the sea where he walked across the water into the white house. LOL Now he has immunity from the virus, Joe does not. How can Joe be elected if he's likely to die from the rona like he says everyone else is? Doesn't seem wise to elect a guy that's likely to die? Dementia is a co-morbidity.

Will we all be sent to concentration camps in NY where innocent helpless people are intentionally exposed to ga.... I mean a virus? Hey, they all had Obamacare I guess? Or were those the 75 year olds that didn't qualify for a transplant. Just give them a pill and make them comfortable? Or was it a virus?

His racism doesn't exist. His opponent on the other hand, well he put Kamala on the school bus to racial segregation. After all you're not black if you don't vote for Joe.

Staffing and agencies....LOL, it's government dumbed down to the lowest levels of competence where you score points on a postal exam because of how you look which has nothing do with qualifications. I deal with government on a daily basis and have lost IQ points. Anyone from the outside is a fresh view and an improvement.

Let's talk about Joe's "self dealing" A humble public servant who never made more than $250K a year, yet somehow in the last 2 years he made 15 million, his brother made tens of millions, and Hunter....a wizzard in oil and gas made millions as well after being dishonorable discharged from the military?

The affordable care act, you mean the one that more than doubled everyone's insurance rates and deductibles within a couple years, and those are for the lucky people whose insurance companies didn't go bankrupt altogether and cancel their policies? The health care plan that forces homeless people to purchase insurance because they are alive? The plan that gave a no bid multi billion contract to an Obama donor to process all the records?

Right now people are illegally early voting in this state in democrat precincts only, with no photo ID, and handing their ballots to "ballot collectors" in city parks and at some point later they are taken to election offices all the while being "unsecured" for days, then immediately mixed in with mailed in absentee ballots so they cannot be checked for irregularities like opened envelopes, etc. Naa no cheatin going on there.

How about the Somali vote in MN, no cheatin there either LOL. If we could all Marry our brothers and sisters!

By the peaceful transition of power you mean Trump is wiretapping Biden's phones and monitoring them for the last 6 months? Oh, wait didn't someone else do that? Hey should we use the Logan act against the Biden's because of Hunter and Joe's collusion with Russia, China, and the Ukraine where Joe had a prosecutor fired before he would release foreign aid?

I'm sorry did I say anything that wasn't true?

Great response, you are 100% correct sir. Although you are probably wasting your time here, liberals like him cannot accept the true facts. When he got into the Affordable care act and climate change, I knew he was a lost soul. Survive Joe Biden, are you kidding, I could stop on any street corner and find a more competent candidate for president than Biden.

Did you say anything that wasn't true?

Actually there's quite a bit in there that's wrong but there's really no point in my responding is there? We're simply talking past one another.

No, we're not talking past you (maybe over your head though), your points were all debunked but you're just not listening. Your mind is made up, we get it, orange man bad, but please show us on the doll where that evil Trump touched you. You may not like his style or his tweets but there's absolutely no argument that he hasn't done almost everything he said he would do during his campaign.

The reduction of regulations and pro-American business tax policies and trade agreements have revitalized a domestic manufacturing sector that was gutted by the pro-China policies of his predecessors. The sole blemish on his conservative record is the bump stock ban, can't argue that, but we should be able to agree that if we had a Democratic Congress and President at the time, anything they would have come up with would have been infinitely worse. If you liked the '94 "assault" weapons ban, feel free to vote Biden/Haris, you'll get another in spades and this one won't sunset.

BTW, the Emoluments clause argument has always been a joke, it has absolutely nothing to do with banning a business man from running his legitimate businesses while holding elective office. It absolutely should have banned the Biden family from profiting from Joe's stint as VP though. Receiving profit in the normal course of business is legal, getting a $3.5 million kickback from the wife of the mayor of Moscow is not. Trump has donated his salary every quarter to a worthy cause, it will be back to the corrupt business as usual pay to play in Washington if the Bidens get in.

If anyone thinks just a little chipping away of your rights is ok, as far as guns are concerned, look at New Jersey, New York, California, England just to start.

If you are worried about passing something meaningful on to your kids like protecting themselves, you better vote for the ones that are trying to protect the 2nd.

ppgcowboy,

If you will permit me to add to your last sentence,

and it isn't any democrat!!!!!!!

Switching subjects-------Imagine how quickly the 2nd amendment would have disappeared if H Clinton would have won the last election and picked the 3 Supreme court justices, that Trump was able to pick.

Very scary

Jim C.

Perhaps you'll believe John Lott?

https://www.wsj.com/articles/democrats-are-coming-for-your-guns-11601938911

Democrats Are Coming for Your Guns

Holding gun makers liable for gun crimes hurts the vulnerable.

When President Trump introduced Supreme Court nominee Amy Coney Barrett, he warned: The coming years will decide the survival of our Second Amendment. Hes right.

Joe Bidens campaign website contains a long list of gun-control proposals: national gun licensing; red-flag laws, which let judges seize guns without a hearing or mental-health evaluation; and bans on semiautomatic guns that look like military weapons.

First on Mr. Bidens list, however, is a proposal to make gun manufacturers civilly liable for misuse of guns they sell. This means people could sue manufacturers and sellers whenever a crime, accident or suicide occurs with a gun. The straightforward result would be to put gun makers out of business.

Mr. Trump is right: Democrats want to ban guns. And if they win the Senate and abolish its filibuster, as they keep threatening, they could do it.

Edited by b_san

StrangeRanger youre handle says it all you are truly Strange. I even wonder if you own a FA or for that matter own any gun. Sounds as if you just graduated from some fancy liberal college. Im 77 and this election is the most important in my life time. Trump does some things I dont like but he does love America and has done more to help this country then any President since Reagan

Frank

I am a convert - I did not like or trust Big Orange but voted for him because the democrats compelled it. I'll vote for him this time with a smile. I fell for the bait the first few times the hair on fire unbiased news anchors expressed their outrage but learning years ago to think for myself went to find the video they were crying about and oddly enough it was always different to my ears. Just seeing the commies and swamp creatures (including many republican "elite") distress is worth it. He hosed gun owners on the bump stocks and the method he and Jeff Sessions employed has the potential for many happy returns unless a court fixes it but not holding any breath on that.

He is the first president I can recall since the Gipper to even talk of eliminating federal agencies (Trump proposed it in his first budget request to congress. Ryan and the turtle laughed). Fear not Stranger Ranger, the republican establishment will work hard for the status quo and prevent any long term profit damage. Money is in promises, not idiots like Trump delivering because once you deliver, no need for the peasants to write checks. Both "authorized" political parties want a big, bloated, and somewhat abusive government so you go to them for help - and reward the help with votes and $. If youtube hasn't torched it yet, you can find a docuseries called "The Swamp" - some rogue republicans telling the reality of government. I don't expect the Lincoln project would approve of them either.

How is Trump a threat? I hardly know where to begin. In no particular order:

His tax cut which gave huge sums to his billionaire buddies but left the government without enough revenue to operate, guaranteed that our great-grandchildren will still be trying to pay for it and increased our indebtedness to foreign powers like China.

His shattering of alliances which have kept the world more or less stable since the end of WWII while at the same time he cozies up to unfriendly dictatorships like Russia, China and North Korea. His abandonment of our Kurdish allies and essentially turning Syria over to Russian control. His failure to even confront Putin about the report that Russia was paying bounties to the Taliban for killing American service personnel.

His self-dealing which has put millions of dollars of taxpayers’ money into the Trump Organization’s pockets. His violations of the Emoluments clause of the Constitution by funneling money from foreign governments through Trump Organization properties.

His staffing agencies and departments with “acting” officials who because they are not formally nominated are not subject to vetting by the Senate, are frequently totally unqualified for their positions and often have no ability or intent to carry out the defined mission of those agencies and departments.

His “easy to win” trade war which has ruined the financial stability of much of the agricultural sector and utterly failed to re-vitalize the manufacturing sector.

His ongoing attack on the Affordable Care Act which risks putting insurance beyond the means of tens of millions of his fellow citizens.

His complete failure to establish a coherent, effective national response to the COVID-19 pandemic causing a totally unnecessary increase in infections and deaths.

His environmental policy, or lack thereof, which if unchecked will lead to ever worsening climate change, rising sea levels and reduced air quality ultimately making much of the country uninhabitable.

His racism as evidenced by his embrace of the White Nationalist movement and monuments to the Confederacy as well as his inhuman treatment of undocumented immigrant children.

His use of ICE and other Federal law enforcement agencies as his personal Praetorian Guard to suppress protests over the objections of local authorities who asked him not to intervene because such a presence would only make matters worse. His love of “Law and Order” does not seem to extend to the prosecution of rogue cops who shoot unarmed Black people.

His attacks on the First Amendment Freedom of the Press painting them with the Stalinist term Enemy of the People and using the considerable resources of the White House to spread propaganda while decrying any inconvenient facts as “fake news.”

His attacks on the legitimacy and security of our election system which the Secretaries of State of nearly every state, many of whom are Republican, have said to be totally untrue. This is simply a cynical political ploy to allow him call the results of the upcoming election into question if he loses which looks probable at this point.

His refusal to commit to a peaceful transition of power if he does lose.

I could probably go on but this will do for starters

Little doubt you have peed in your whisky when it comes to future favors coming from this forum's membership.

Wow, This thread is very eye opening and seeing Strange Ranger's twisted observations show that the twisted education system is working, even on people in this forum.

It may be that Soros and his SRanger types as in the necessary idiots has a chance to undermine America, like he did with Briton.

I just purchased a couple of items that makes sense to me now. Another carry pistol and a bullet proof vest designed to stop rifle rounds.

The only advise I'd give the patriots here is to learn how to short stocks, at least we can profit off this insane turmoil.

Darryl

I married a person who grew up in a socialist utopia. She is a fairly astute observer of US politics, pointing out when politicians (and ironically supportive news media) use the same slogans and claims as central European cold war communists. She is pretty harsh about it (and I agree) saying if Americans are stupid enough to do it, we deserve exactly what we will get. There seems to be a substantial disconnect between native born US and people who survived socialism in real life. I spent a few hours of one day in the USSR while it was still alive and that was enough. I came away with a very different impression than Bernie.

• Upvote 1

I've been a Republican most of my life but the simple truth is that I consider Trump to be an existential threat to our Republic. I am not alone in this; look at the Lincoln Project. I have never said Biden was a good thing but he's a storm we can weather. Trump is not. Despite what he might or might not want to do there are practical, political limits on what Biden will be able to do. We will get through this.

Exactly StrangeRanger, we will get through this, because Trump will win in a monumental landslide, again!

Did anybody see that fly come out of Kamala's mouth last night and land on Pence's head? What a crap breathing, lying fear monger!

I had no idea this thread would bring out any "snowflakes" here of all places, sorry guys.

Edited by tray burge

I've been a Republican most of my life but the simple truth is that I consider Trump to be an existential threat to our Republic. I am not alone in this; look at the Lincoln Project. I have never said Biden was a good thing but he's a storm we can weather. Trump is not. Despite what he might or might not want to do there are practical, political limits on what Biden will be able to do. We will get through this.

Exactly StrangeRanger, we will get through this, because Trump will win in a monumental landslide, again!

Did anybody see that fly come out of Kamala's mouth last night and land on Pence's head? What a crap breathing, lying fear monger!

I had no idea this thread would bring out any "snowflakes" here of all places, sorry guys.

It's not as odd as you may think. My youngest son and I own a gunsmithing and custom rifle business. We own NFA weapons, and we're both conservative. My oldest son is a flaming liberal and he thinks exactly like StrangeRanger but he is not anti-gun ... So it does happen. The difference is son # 1 went to a liberal arts college ... Son # 2 went through the US Army, 82nd ABN with two Afghanistan deployments. (Wounded in his 2nd deployment) One has seen the ugly face of the world ... One has never seen anything outside of his cocoon ... Still love 'em both though ... It's in the dad rules.

• Upvote 1

Old trooper Does son 1 own any NFA weapons or any guns. StrangeRanger implies he does own these weapons. Thats what seems unthinkable to me for his crazy thinking.

Frank

Old trooper Does son 1 own any NFA weapons or any guns. StrangeRanger implies he does own these weapons. Thats what seems unthinkable to me for his crazy thinking.

Frank

He has a shotgun and a .22 from when he was a kid, which is still here at home ... He lives in a large city now and has little use for the country life. Odd that he was such a good hand around the farm and a first rate bucking horse rider as a kid ... Just chose a different path. Like I said, he is not anti-gun ... Just an educated idiot.

I know SR owns machine guns and other NFA. Im staying out of the argument as I dont give a damn one way or another so leave me out, but again I will vouch and say SR does indeed have NFA items so you can stop with that line.

I know SR owns machine guns and other NFA. Im staying out of the argument as I dont give a damn one way or another so leave me out, but again I will vouch and say SR does indeed have NFA items so you can stop with that line.

None of us will for long with Biden and Biden supporters.

• Upvote 1

None of us will for long with Biden and Biden supporters.

Unfortunately some such as SR will not learn until it is too late.

I dropped off a pistol at my gunsmith last week and while speaking with him learned he flat out refused to work on any liberals guns.

He said he was questioned one time on it and his response was noteworthy.

He told me he said, "lady, firearms are very dangerous, they take rational thinking, they take someone with common sense and liberals just don't have that in them."