Spacer for 1928 Pattern Magazine Well

heres the description.......

The drums used in the 1928 pattern Thompson are wider than the standard 20 and 30 round magazines. The resulting gap between the front of the magazine and feed ramp in combination with loose-fitting magazines, reduces feeding reliability. Given the staggered (left/right) feeding from the stick magazines, there's little room for error. This device improves feeding reliability by isolating magazine movement and bridging the gap between the magazine and feed ramp.

Anyone have experience with one of these?

R/s, Hiller.............

Never heard of such a device or more importantly, the need for one. The original magazines including drums were engineered to work with the guns and they do with a high level of reliability. Original Thompsons and accessories that are not modified or damaged work extremely well. The same cannot be said for the aftermarket drums and to some degree the aftermarket guns. Edited by 1921A

Good to know.

I have always been amazed that the thompson 1928 is able to feed at all with a stick mag. The mag hangs there loose and wobbly quite a ways back from the feed ramp that reminds me more of a big rectangular funnel where the bullet just clanks around in there. Certainly not controlled feeding. If you were to show me the design first, I would never believe it could work very well, if at all. A true marvel of engineering and physics, amazing!

R/s, Hiller..................................

• Upvote 1

I emailed brian about these. Here is his reply.

"Yes… this fits all drum pattern Thompson guns (originals and semi autos) to help them feed better from the magazine by bridging the gap at the front of the mag to the back of the feed ramp.

Please don’t hesitate to call or write if I can be of further assistance.

Brian Poling
BRP CORP"

R/s, Hiller..........................