Looking For A Dummy Thompson

Hello, I've been lurking of the board for some time. I am in the market for a steel reciever dummy Thompson any model. If anybody is willing to part with one or have a good source please let me know. I've been wanting one to put in the scabbard of my 1942 Harley-Davidson WLA. Edited by faabala

Be wary of that particular listing on Gunsamerica. There are threads on this site discussing that these are likely illegal. Trying to purchase and re-import machine guns parts that were part of the Lend-Lease Act can land you in jail.

Timkel,

Thanks, but I don't fancy 10 years in the Big House for that one. I know all about those russian guns and trying to bring in European deacts. I was in Germany from 1998-2002.

A steel dummy receiver is good enough for me. The aluminum ones just don't look right.

I have been looking at the gun on gunbroker for a while.... something is just not right with the picture.

The lower looks about 1/4" too far forward on the top photo! I have a Phili Ord 28 dummy, it is very good. My guesses are either the lower or dummy has been cut for some unknown reason or it is not actually attached in the picture, just mocked up.

No longer a great deal - but about what the market should be for this gun. Dummy recievers form Phili Ord used are about 2 bills, and last I checked you could still get a parts kit around 5 bills.

Bid like crazy!

I picked up a nice MGC 1928 model for $625 on Ebay. I figured it was the best way to go. I might be getting stationed in England this summer and this will be easier to bring over. It will still look good in the scabbard of my 42 Harley.

I had a MGC for about two weeks this summer but it was stolen from the scabbard of my bike at Reading Air Show, PA. I was not happy I had just refinished the original G.I. wood and reblued the hardware and it had an original Kerr sling. I'm starting from scratch now.