Who does suppressor repair?

maxfaxdude

Well it finally happened...

After thousand of rounds, I got a baffle strike and a slight bulge to the tube on my Advanced Armament Ti-Rant 9 suppressor. AAC is now out of business and Remington was handling their service until they went into bankruptcy. Anyone have any recommendation on who to send the can to for inspection and if possible repair?

Edited by maxfaxdude

You could possibly try ECCO machine in CO.

Seem to have good reviews and do a lot of mods to existing cans?

Not sure they work with Ti? That can be an issue for a lot of shops that could do the repair.

Worst case you end up with a steel endcap? Lots of guys can do that.

Or you wait for AAC to re-emerge?

I've only had one strike on a halo, and we fixed it here, because it's easy. Love the Ti, but getting work done is a project. HTH

I have an American AM-180 supressor. Old school technology from the 80's. Sent it to Joe Curtis at Curtis Tactical in Illinois, he recored it with modern 17-4 PH stainless baffles. He does superb work. Highly reccomended!

By coincidence, I also recently recored my original 180-A1 suppressor (serial S011##). I sent it to Todd at TBA Suppressors. He did a great job putting in a modern monocore design. I shot 310 rounds though it last weekend and it sounded great, barely heated up, and was super easy to clean.

Edited by heavy artillery

I'm surprised the baffles broke in that fashion? I thought Ti was more ductile? Were you running FA when it happened? 450 is sort of a hard decision to make, but if it costs a new can, a 200 tax, and 9 month wait I'm probably spending 450?

Semi auto only.

I thought the exact same thing with the $200 tax, cost of a new can and long wait. Just repair the old one!

• 2 months later...
  • 10 months later...