1921ac Replica Mills Case>outstanding..

Ron,

If you are refering to the IMA cases, I ordered one soon after Knob Creek by telephone hoping for the best. While talking to them I mentioned the "show" price of $40 and they said they would honor it; so I ordered two. They arrived shortly thereafter and due to fish that were demanding to be caught I put them aside without checking them out. Once I did, like you, I was very pleased. Mine didn't have the problems I read in earlier posts. The snaps were tight but once opened, no problem. Never had an original so I can't compare but for $40 how could you go wrong. I'd pay the asking price without hesitation.

Chuck

The replacement I received was excellent - the snaps on the first one would not unsnap and one even ripped out of the fabric.

Ron, when you mentioned the movie, Bataan, it made me think of what an effect it's had on me.

Oh yes, Bataan! The war movie I've loved to hate all these past 40 years or so. (I'm 53.)

Don't you just love to see Robert Walker (the sailor) shooting that Colt '21 (or is it a Savage '28?) at the Chinese extras, I mean the Japs, and stopping between every ten round burst to lift up the brim of his WWI vintage helmet so he can take aim again?

The movie is just so jam packed with such unbelievably bad military tactics by our guys, not to mention the Chinese extras, I mean the Japs. When I first started thinking about the story line, I wondered, for instance, how the Japs magically appear on the other side of that huge deep gorge our guys are fighting behind, AFTER we blew up the only bridge. Of course when I first watched the movie, I didn't think about the incongruities of the story. I was too busy being horrified by the way some of our guys died, accented 100 times more by the blood curdling screams they let out as they bit the bullet.

My absolute favorite scene is where Sgt. Dane (Robert Taylor) asks for a volunteer to shinny up the tallest palm tree (tall enough to reach out OVER THE mile deep gorge) so ol Sarge can get a report about the Japs' heavy weapons. Mind you their Captain has just been shot thru the head as he removes his M1917-A1 helmet to wipe his sweaty brow (while thinking about his bride of one day ago, Nurse whatshername) by a Jap sniper.

Within 30 seconds after Sarge says no taps for ol' Cap (can't let the Japs know they got him, don't ya know) Sarge asks for, and gets, the STUPIDEST guy (obviously) in the "patrol" to volunteer to climb up said palm tree -WITH his Springfield slung on his back, but minus his GI boondockers, at least.

He gets right up on the tippy top of the palms and sits bolt upright in the waning light of day, waves hello to the fellas down below, and begins to dutifully scan the horizon for Jap tanks and artillery.

Now you KNOW the Jap sniper who brained the Captain had to Judo chop all his fellow snipers in order to be the one to have the fun of picking off our intrepid perfect silhouette, I mean look-out.

Then comes my favorite moment. Just as our boy starts to look out

he gets a glancing blow from the sniper's bullet that sparks off his helmet, just enough to knock him silly enough to fall OUT of the tree, Springfield and all. And as the orchestra plays a minor chord, the camera shows in quick succession, the faces of some of our guys as they hear the absolutely most horrible, gut wrenching, pitiful SCREAM ever composed for the silver screen. And you just know our look-out is falling head first down, down that straight down cliff to his horrible death!!!

It's a three syllable yell, and it goes like this:

AAIIEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHOOOOOOOOOOHH!!!!

One second pause as he runs out of breath, and you hear a distant 'crump'

as look-out hits the bottom, way down below.

The scene ends as Sarge rushes over to the base of the tree, picks up one of look-out boy's discarded shoes, thinks for a moment, wondering how THAT could have happened. As he's mulling it over, Lloyd Nolan's wise-guy

character comes over, takes a look, and thoughtfully comments, "Yep, that's two."

You can get the DVD from Amazon.com. Right, Ron?