Hallo, Is there someone who have some parts for the UD 42?

I might buy one ud42 now, but it has missing parts. This UD was air dropped to Norwegians during ww2.

The missing parts is: firing pin spring, magazine, the " pivot part, left side" , possible a spring for the handle which is located front right side (disassembly handle ), and the front buckle for the carrying sling.

Larry

Buy it!. The hunt for parts is half the fun. The springs are usually easy to replace. You should be able to find them at your local gunsmith or try a hardware store. Magazines are going to be tougher to find. But not impossible. Edited by timkel

A lot will depend on where you are. Getting pretty hard to get parts in or out of the states. I assume you are in the EU somewhere ? parts may be a little more readily available there since it seems most of the UD42s ended up there. Very few brought back to the states, they are a rare gun here.

• 2 weeks later...

Need any wood? He is already in EU. Maybe he can help with mags or parts?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/UD-42-Marlin-ww2-US-sniper-/281266669712?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item417cccc890

This seller may have some spare mags or parts?

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=431378483

Can you post some pictures of your UD42?

Edited by timkel

• 4 weeks later...

Where are you located ? In the US, may be able to help. Outside, probably not since our laws will prevent export with out permits. I would think they would be much more available overseas, but I guess you never know......

Hi , I live in Norway, Europe...In Norway magazine are free from all permits, free sale, free import.

I have tried to get them, but hard to get here too. It was very limited numbers which came in air drop during the ww2.

Maybe I can get 1 Double magazine next summer here, but the guy who has it lives in Florida now, only here in the summer. I am still interested in single and double magazines and other parts. Do you need export permit when its free in my country?

Larry

Edited by larryhymer

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

post-259632-0-55109300-1441704294_thumb.jpgUpdate, here is the parts I am missing as of September/2015:

See picture. Red arrows.

+The front buckle for the carrying sling, I have the attachment at barrel, but miss the buckle.

+Rear sling attachment, complete.

+ Mag pouch for 4 single magazines, and for double magazine`s.

Edited by larryhymer