"Y" Marked Actuator - Correct for Colt?

I have a high serial number 1928 Navy that came from the New Orleans PD and it had this actuator in it. the gun is otherwise 100% correct. I recall discussions that this type of actuator--with the Colt knurling but one piece and correcting the ear breaking issue, was a late Auto Ordnanace corrective action. As the colt contract was over, the work was contracted out. TD may have more info on this.

The Y marked one-piece actuator is correct for a Colt's NAVY Thompson. This is the third and final variation for the Colt's NAVY actuators. I have seen all three NAVY variations used in the same serial number range.

If some department owned a 1928 shipped with earlier version actuators (1st & 2nd), it is entirely possible they could have broken those ears off the original actuator and replaced it with a Y actuator at some point in its life.

Drawing of the later 3rd actuator dated January 19, 1935 shown on page 195 of TUTB.

Dave,

Here is the 2014 thread on the one-piece Navy actuators. That was when AOC didn't stand for Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez

http://www.machinegunboards.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=16222&hl=%2Byale+%2Bmarked+%2Bactuator+%2Bfor+%2Bcolt+%2Bnavy&do=findComment&comment=135116

Edited by Arthur Fliegenheimer