Thompson For Sale On Gunbroker

But it's a no reserve auction!!

I accept authorship, and responsibility for all that I write...... But please accept that as a salesperson, I have the God given right to writer embellishment. Also it is understood that I am basically a nice guy, and would never knowingly malign anyone in the Thompson community. Unless of course said person in the Thompson community had it coming.

Additional warning.... You may be exposed to irony, aka sarcasm, to wit: an utterance marked by a deliberate contrast between apparent and intended meaning; Please do not overreact. Only objects in the rearview mirror are larger than they seem everything else is just as you thought it was.

No finish at all on that one!

Interestingly enough, MY A/O. Bridgeport still has the "US" intact and was owned by a Poice dept before it was purchased by it's previous owner. But the previous owner sanded the Parkerizing off and had the gun polished and blued (he really wanted a Colt but couldn't afford one!!), so the "US" doesn't make it any more valuable!!

But it shoots well and the price was right!! http://www.machinegunbooks.com/forums/invboard1_1_2/upload/html/emoticons/laugh.gif

I've seen some really nice guns for a bit less than that, but it wouldn't surprize me if it went for that!!

john

Why would one pay even the required starting bid (i.e., $14,500, on a so-called "no reserve" auction) for a gun with no finish and numerous rust pits when the gun described below is presumably still available (from Subguns ad)?

"FOR SALE: Thompson submachine gun

Expires On: 04/06/2004

Ad Information

Ad Number: 3363

Date Posted: 01/07/2004

Price: $15,000.00

Text of Ad

Model 1928 Auto Ordance. SN S-17XXX. Finned, Cutts, 40's manufacture,

50 round drum, fully transferable. Excellent condition. "

I'd take it, but not for the opening bid price. http://www.machinegunbooks.com/forums/invboard1_1_2/upload/html/emoticons/wink.gif