Lewis Gun Blank Firing Adapter

Do you need an original or just want to be able to fire blanks? For my M1917 .30 Lewis, I got a barrel that was pretty well worn out and just had the inside of the muzzle threaded to take the allen screws that the reenactors use. Those screws have different size holes drilled through them so you can get the correct amount of back-pressure.

You DO have to be careful to double-check if it's there before firing live ammo!!! i make a habit of running a cleaning rod down all of my firearms before loading up. I also use two chamber flags; one is red and the other is yellow with 'BLANK' written on it.

Do you need an original or just want to be able to fire blanks? For my M1917 .30 Lewis, I got a barrel that was pretty well worn out and just had the inside of the muzzle threaded to take the allen screws that the reenactors use. Those screws have different size holes drilled through them so you can get the correct amount of back-pressure.

You DO have to be careful to double-check if it's there before firing live ammo!!! i make a habit of running a cleaning rod down all of my firearms before loading up. I also use two chamber flags; one is red and the other is yellow with 'BLANK' written on it.

An associate of mine destroyed a P38 when he put in a set screw without a hole, he's real lucky the slide stayed on. Cracked both sides of the frame and split the slide.