Looking For An M1a1 Receiver Section.

I am looking to buy a rear section of an M1/M1A1 receiver. I do not need a rear sight. I need this so I can bring this along with my dummy receiver to the engraver so he can see exactly how deep the markings should be and to get the font correct. The condition of the metal is not important just as long as some of the markings are legible. I can even return it to you after I get my receiver engraved if you just want to "rent" it to me! I really hope someone can help me out I am so anxious to finally get this project done. After it is engraved all I have to do is get a nice black oxide job and I will post photos. Thanks if you can help and thanks to the boardmembers who offered to help with my rear sight swap.

Phil

Maybe this will help. I have a piece that is cut in the back, saw cut. They cut right through a letter. The thickness of the wall is, 0.1220". If I stick the calipers in the lettering and measure it is 0.1175" thick. that would mean the letters are only .0045" deep. I think I did the math right.

A while ago someone here mentioned they knew where the original (or repro?) roll was for roll stamping (some models) of these recievers.

Anyone got that info? That would answer this question, and mine as well - where can I get the lettering repaired (re-rolled) on an existing gun? Mine has been polished, and I want the numbers sharp again.

Thanks!