New Short Barrel Thompson

Hi guys I live in Illinois and I am a police officer. I know civilians cant own short barrel rifles or mahineguns, but can a police officer buy a short barrel rifle. The reason I am asking is that kahr is selling the short barrel rifles now. Any info would be appreciated. Thanks JC

I think we can still own short barreled rifles in Ill. however some politicians loused it up for the rest. What county are you an officer in ?

BB

PS mine does have a Thompson but the Sherrif won't let his officers let alone citzens play with it.

Bisley:

If the Tommy at your sherrif's office is a '21, try to get the serial number and get it to Gordon Herigstad. I've been meaning to do that where I live (McHenry County).

jhc:

I don't know how the new Kahr shortie behaves; haven't heard yet.

Ron

If you're in Cook County it may be difficult to get CLEO approval, I'm in Lake County and trying to get one myself. The gun shop I deal with is looking into pricing and paperwork for me. I'll post the information once they let me know. As far as I have been able to find SBR's are not banned in Illinois as the Class III stuff is. We should be able to pay the $200 tax and own a rifle that probably wont shoot half the time without PK's help.

Hey guys, sorry to hear all that trouble you go thru in Ill. I grew up in Chitown..used to think it was a great place to live.Now I know better...having lived in NFA freindly Florida for 27 years. I also am corp...so much easier,simple...find a gun,save up and buy!Keep voting and put the right people in office...2000 election is only the beginning,..or move to Fla....we need more shooters and club members, come on down for Feb. MG shoot,get out of the cold,warm up a barrel or 2.KEEPEM`SMOKIN`.out

I wonder how many of you guys keep re-electing the same old politicians time and time again ? I would venture a guess that many of you who voice unhappiness at your local/state/federal laws just keep voting for the same old scoundrels !

Dan G.

Girard, PA

i just ordered one of those,and will send it to pk for the right goodies...........man this excites me more then a colt.........because now i can watch 'dillinger"millers crossing.. st. val's massacre and the rest.without taking the real deal out of wrap's.........

its in heavy syrup........wink!!

and can shoot again................oh!!the horror!! the horror!!marlon brando..............1979

take care,colt 21a