Ingram M6 magazines @ $175 ea.

They've had them at that price for about 5 years now. They used to have a photo of the magazine covers with the magazines, and the magazines were shown covered in original wrapping paper. I still can't bring myself to pay that much for them, but it is the best price around on a limited commodity.

David Albert

dalbert@sturmgewehr.com

Little demand since repro shooter mags made from Thompson mags are/ were available. While it's nice to have one original there are options. I still don't have an original MP44 mag since it's hard to get past the $80 repros that work just fine and look good too. Eventually I will get one, but I'm hard pressed to pay 300 or more when they are so common and the guns are pretty scarce. Always keep in mind, there are way more M6 mags than guns.

If 6-8000 M6s were manufactured in Peru, somewhere there would be a whole lot of magazines and maybe that is where they found this stash. I too agree that there are still way more magazines than shootable M6s. Samco must be OK with sitting on its stash of magazines at that price and that is a business decision they make since no one can offer a better deal. Ken Christie did the Reising group a big favor by having a 30 round mag. made but there are a lot more Reisings than Ingram M6s. So while someone could easily have ingram M6 magazines made, would there be a market to justify the tooling costs for say the initial 1000 magazines at say $85 ea., like what Christie is charging? Something to ponder.

Edited by smkummer

• 5 months later...
Check the pinned reference post in this forum. It has an excellent chapter on the M6 magazines. The original mags look almost square and can be inserted backwards. The aftermarket mags look like a thompson mag.

How do you tell if a Ingram 6 mag is original?

I'm not aware of any reproductions. I actually wish someone would make some. The converted Thompson magazines are quite obvious, since they have the rib along the back, except where they have been modified at the top of the magazine. I need to post some photos of the converted Thompson magazines to the reference pinned post.

David Albert

dalbert@sturmgewehr.com

• 3 weeks later...

You can see an original wrapping on page 44 in The Mac Man book. Far right magazine in original wrap paper. Also the only markings I have seen are SOME have an arrow on the floor plate showing which way to slide it off. But not all will have that.

You can see an original wrapping on page 44 in The Mac Man book. Far right magazine in original wrap paper. Also the only markings I have seen are SOME have an arrow on the floor plate showing which way to slide it off. But not all will have that.

OK, I see...really sterile as far as markings. Thanks

Edited by timkel

• 2 months later...

If anyone has a extra M6 magazine they want to sell for less than $175 from Samco, let me know. I may need 3 more. That would give me 8 and that is what I need for a knob creek match of which this fall I plan on using it in competition.