Thompson Show August 2004

If I can spend most of my retirement savings just to fly more that half way around the planet just to see that show in August in Fairfax and after seening the photos posted on the forum today, then I challenge all you "good old Thompson collectors" to meet me there and I promise you all that I will buy you all a beer, or two.

Regards

Murray

I have made my reservations for the 3 nights, August 4-6. Is there anything other than the local museum tour scheduled for Aug 4? I'm trying to figure out if it is imperative that I arrive early in the day on Aug 4 or does the real fun not start until Aug 5? Thanks!

Me and Lana will be there ,we have reservation for the 3-4-5-6 at Confort Inn . We just got back from the

Premiere Opening reception at the NRA museum ( "THOMPSON" ON THE SIDE OF LAW AND ORDER ) it was a great show, the museum was really something to see. Met lot of the club members there took a lot of pictures ,have to figer a way to put some on the board. The didn't give away posters , they did something better, they gave everybody a beautiful book on the Thompson with all the pictures inside with details on the Thompson. The posters were ten bucks, but the book has the same cover. The hors d'oeuvres and drinks were served ( good ) NRA VIP speakers handed out a award to our TCA club. The weather was not to bad,no rain or snow. We left Cleveland Thurs mourning after a snow storm the day before,but the roads were all clear by then and got better towardsFairfax.We got there about noon, gave us a chance to see the NRA museum ( Thompson Gallery wasn't open yet ) and take a walk downstaires to the fireing range where we will be shooting in Aug. Big range 50yd,12 stalls with a small store for targets and stuff. The range was closed to shooting but the range officer let me scope out the place ,but told me no pictures

( didn't say why , didn't ask ) nice place . Anyway the Thompson Gallery was quite impressive Tracie Hill

and a lot of people put a lot of work into this dislpay and Tracie told me he was still working on it the same day of the opening. Beautiful job they all did. Hey Mike e mail me your address i got the book for ya

See ya

Tino

QUOTE (kyle @ Mar 20 2004, 08:19 AM)
I have made my reservations for the 3 nights, August 4-6. Is there anything other than the local museum tour scheduled for Aug 4? I'm trying to figure out if it is imperative that I arrive early in the day on Aug 4 or does the real fun not start until Aug 5? Thanks!

I asked Tracie and the they are attempting to have the buses loaded by 10am for the tour which mean arriving the day before may be a good idea as you can't depend on the airlines to get you there in time.

Thanks for the info Jim. What museum is planned for the tour?

This will be my first TCA convention. All I know at the moment is what Tracie put in the TCN. Are there planned events in the evening?

Only planned events I'm aware of for the evenings are in the local brew house with Murray, Roadking, Chris, Phil, me and some others. That will be more fun then a barrel full of weasles! Just ask the ones that were at the last TCA meeting.