#21 Petroleum 1

Petroleum 1

RKI Member

• Board Benefactor
  • 1109 posts

Posted 25 November 2020 - 03:02 PM

Can you say chutzpah?

https://www.armslist...rench-gun-repro

That is crazy money but i have been watching the norinco IAI sales on GB for months and i have seen anywhere from slightly over $1,000 up to $1700 for both nib and used. I have no experience with these but i believe some will slam fire and others will not. The norinco reg riot guns go for $650-$950.

Edited by Petroleum 1, 25 November 2020 - 05:56 PM.

#22 Kilroy

Kilroy

RKI Member

• Regular Group
  • 631 posts
  • Interests:History - specially World War II, Shooting

Posted 26 November 2020 - 04:42 PM

About the worst thing I can say about the Norinco M97s is that they work well. I bought two new when they came out. Can't remember what I paid for them, but they were very inexpensive.  Both are still in their original boxes. Looks like now would be a good time to sell!

I had one years ago when they were new. It worked great and was a decent place holder until I bought a real trench gun. Once I had a real one I saw no point in having a replica. I sold it I think for about $700, I bought it for $475. Mine would slam fire. 

#23 Petroleum 1

Petroleum 1

RKI Member

• Board Benefactor
  • 1109 posts

Posted 27 November 2020 - 08:46 AM

Look at this norinco it even has the flaming bomb marking. It shows how easy it is to fake markings too.

https://www.gunbroke.../Item/885518970

#24 StrangeRanger

StrangeRanger

RKI Member

• Regular Group
  • 796 posts
  • Interests:"Easy money, faithless women, red-eye whiskey for the pain"

Posted 27 November 2020 - 08:55 AM

There's at least one asshole on GB selling the Ordnance stamps

#25 Petroleum 1

Petroleum 1

RKI Member

• Board Benefactor
  • 1109 posts

Posted 27 November 2020 - 09:27 AM

There is a company (not on GB) that sells every military cartouche there is. I bought one and tested it out on an old Marlin rifle stock. Interesting isnt it.

Attached Files

Edited by Petroleum 1, 27 November 2020 - 09:27 AM.

#26 TSMGguy

TSMGguy

Respected Member

• Board Benefactor
  • 2735 posts
  • Interests:Motorcycles, old airplanes, and guns.

Posted Yesterday, 08:57 AM

About the worst thing I can say about the Norinco M97s is that they work well. I bought two new when they came out. Can't remember what I paid for them, but they were very inexpensive.  Both are still in their original boxes. Looks like now would be a good time to sell!

I had one years ago when they were new. It worked great and was a decent place holder until I bought a real trench gun. Once I had a real one I saw no point in having a replica. I sold it I think for about $700, I bought it for $475. Mine would slam fire. 

That's the way to do it. 

One of my Norinco M1897 replicas has a flaming bomb; the other doesn't. Why not? It's harmless and isn't intended to fool anyone. Both have very nice triggers and will slam fire.  

#27 Petroleum 1

Petroleum 1

RKI Member

• Board Benefactor
  • 1109 posts

Posted Today, 08:42 AM

Relisted due to non payer. The buyer probably woke up and discovered this gun was a total fake job. The WW2 one was even a bigger fake and that one went for more money. Unbelievable

https://www.gunbroke.../Item/885769570

Edited by Petroleum 1, Today, 08:47 AM.