Photo

WWI M1918 Belts

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#21 M40scoutsniper

M40scoutsniper

• Regular Group
  • 50 posts
  • Interests:Vintage long range shooting. Firearms and militaria from WW1, The Banana Wars, and WW2.

Posted 22 November 2020 - 01:53 PM

Yeah Ive seen quite a few of those recently. Some will have mix matched round flap and pointed flap pouches. Ive also seen them retain the large WW1 buckles or modified to a WW2 pattern. A lot of the ones I see modified were done by Avery Co. Annnnnd a first for me to see is a Marine with a cut down 10 pocket belt section added to his BAR belt!

Attached Files

#22 M40scoutsniper

M40scoutsniper

• Regular Group
  • 50 posts
  • Interests:Vintage long range shooting. Firearms and militaria from WW1, The Banana Wars, and WW2.

Posted 24 November 2020 - 07:00 PM

Ok here is an odd one... I have an Instagram page called Cosmoline & Canvas. Another collector called The History Hoarder, that posts regularly uploaded photos of this pouch. These are the only 3 photos of it before someone bought it from him. There is a screenshot of the description he had along with the pouch. Have you guys seen these before? Very neat lil pouch.

Attached Files

#23 emmagee1917

emmagee1917

Long Time RKI Member

• Board Benefactor
  • 2069 posts
  • Interests:All USGI WW2 firearms and acc.

Posted 24 November 2020 - 07:14 PM

The snap strap would make sense then . Open pouch , pull back mag out , hand it off , then unsnap strap when ready to hand off the 2nd mag .

Chris