Photo

Moving with a SBR from state to state

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 DeaconKC

DeaconKC

• Regular Group
  • 84 posts
  • Interests:Collecting and shooting vintage guns, active in my Church, married for 35 years, retired parole agent

Posted 26 June 2019 - 10:54 PM

Hi, I want to SBR my 16" Tommy eventually. However, we will be retiring in a year and a half. SBRs are legal in both states, so I could start here, try to get it done before we move, then I would need to transfer it to the new state. Or would it be smarter to just wait until the move and then do it all once moved?

#2 Black River Militaria CII

Black River Militaria CII

Industry Expert

• Regular Group
  • 817 posts

Posted 27 June 2019 - 06:45 AM

E-file your F1 SBR application through an account set up on ATF E-file site. Very quick approval turnaround. Not dependent on your mailing address. Only mail ins are the FP cards digitally linked to your E-file and CLEO notification section of the application.
You can move interstate with your SBR With ATF notification by 5320 form for permanent change of address.FWIW

#3 Petroleum 1

Petroleum 1

RKI Member

• Board Benefactor
  • 914 posts

Posted 27 June 2019 - 08:05 AM

Deacon...if you scan and email in the 5320.20 transfer paper it takes 2 weeks door to door.

#4 DeaconKC

DeaconKC

• Regular Group
  • 84 posts
  • Interests:Collecting and shooting vintage guns, active in my Church, married for 35 years, retired parole agent

Posted 27 June 2019 - 03:31 PM

Thank you both! This forum is great!