Correct Oil Bottle for Commercial Savage Model 1928

This may be covered in TUTB or have been addressed before. Is so, I confess to not have a copy of TUTB, and my admittedly weak search did not find the topic. In any case even though I don't have a "Commercial" Savage Model 1928, the recent threads having such TSMGs as their topic made me curious. What oil bottle (nickel plated or black crinkled painted) is correct? Or would a Remington made, anchor marked buttstock have came with a nickel oil bottle and a later production gun the black crinkled painted oil bottle?

Thanks for your consideration and thoughts. MP

Merry Ploughboy,

This is just a guess on my part because I have never seen an early Savage buttstock with the oil bottle intact. I wouid say probably the nickel colored bottles until supplies ran out then the more common black crinkle finish oil bottles used with the early WWII 1928/1928A1 Models.

• 1 month later...

Anytime your filling out anything online it's safe to assume there is a 3rd party (or lots more) capturing and archiving that information. Even when you use the fillable forms on atf's website, you still got there often through a browser, assume your personal info is captured. Going old school, printing out the forms, filling them in, and mailing them in is worry free. I do it without the tinfoil hat on. Would I put it past the silencershop to capture your form 4 info......I would assume they do, the only question is whether they sell the info and to whom? And when they were hacked?

Just got some form 4 approvals......a mere 15 months. Good to see some new NFA owners!!!