Reising Mag Pouch, or Not?

GUNGUY45

I own four USMC RM Co Reising five cell pouches. I also have an unmarked five cell pouch that will accept Reising magazines but does not have exhibit characteristics of the RM Co pouches.

I have never known what to make of if it as it is ever so slightly wider then any of my manufacturer marked Thompson five cell pouches and my unmarked web pouches that were returned along with the Russian lend lease Thompsons in the shipping chests.

The flap on my odd pouch has slightly longer flaps that allow the lift the dot snaps be fastened with Reising magazines. I always thought it was just a Thompson pouch with who ever was measuring and cutting the webbing had a bad day at the factory on the day it was produced. Other possibility is it is the best reproduction pouch I have encountered.

I do not believe your pouch is RM Co manufactured Reising pouch.

Thompson pouch on left next to RM Co marked Reising pouch on the right. Note the higher location of the male studs on the webbing on the Reising pouch.

IMG_4355.JPG

Edited by Bridgeport28A1

I am always on the lookout for a 5 cell web pouch that has legitimate USMC marking but the male studs are located where a marked 5 Cell Thompson pouch studs are.

I wonder if the Marines simply didnt use the Reising 5 cell pouches in their inventory with their Thompsons once Reising were largely removed from use.