WTT - Carbine Parts for Carbine Parts

I recently picked up a late production IBM/AO carbine from a board member. I want to return it to all IBM or AO internals so Im asking for help before buying all the parts I need and having to sell mine-Id like to swap for what I need-what I have...

Trigger housing-Inland

Trigger-Winchester

Sear-Winchester

Hammer-Winchester

Magazine catch-post war

Safety-post war

Slide-Winchester

Bolt-Underwood (round bolt)

Stock-not sure yet

My rear sight, barrel band, front sight, and barrel are all correct, but the above mentioned parts are what I need. Id also be interested in a couple SEY marked 15 and 30 round magazines as well.

Inspired by Got Uzi's quest for the correct parts for his carbine (I'm the one who pointed him at the configuration website), I decided to do a detail strip and check my gun against it's probable configutation. It's a very early Inland and I knew it was a Frankengun but I never realized how cobbled together it was. There is not a single manufacturer-marked part on it that is correct for the receiver. I was able to figure out almost everything but there are two that I cannot identify.

The sear is a type 2 and marked RJ. Does anyone know which mfgr. that indicates? As long as it's GI part I'm more curious than I am concerned but the heat treating of "civilian" carbine parts isn't always up to spec and the sear is no place to find out there is a problem

The stock is a type 5 (potbelly.) The only legible markings on it are 10/57 and PB-W or possibly P8-W in the sling slot where the maker's ID would go. There is also a line of illegible text above this mark and a rather strange symbol beneath it. There are no arsenal/ordnance cartouches or rebuild marks.

Anyone have a clue as to what I'm looking at?

Inspired by Got Uzi's quest for the correct parts for his carbine (I'm the one who pointed him at the configuration website), I decided to do a detail strip and check my gun against it's probable configutation. It's a very early Inland and I knew it was a Frankengun but I never realized how cobbled together it was. There is not a single manufacturer-marked part on it that is correct for the receiver. I was able to figure out almost everything but there are two that I cannot identify.

The sear is a type 2 and marked RJ. Does anyone know which mfgr. that indicates? As long as it's GI part I'm more curious than I am concerned but the heat treating of "civilian" carbine parts isn't always up to spec and the sear is no place to find out there is a problem

The stock is a type 5 (potbelly.) The only legible markings on it are 10/57 and PB-W or possibly P8-W in the sling slot where the maker's ID would go. There is also a line of illegible text above this mark and a rather strange symbol beneath it. There are no arsenal/ordnance cartouches or rebuild marks.

Anyone have a clue as to what I'm looking at?

Are you sure it is RJ and not RI? Type II sears made by Inland had the markings of "R.I." "RI" "DI" "XI" "BI"

I tore the FCG apart and looked at the sear marking under a magnifying glass. You are right the marking appears to be "R.I." What I was seeing as a "J" was the period following the R and a scratch in the Parkerizing. So that one is solved.

The stock is a whole different animal, Here's a pix of the only visible markings on the stock

carbine stock marking.jpg

Got an ID on the stock from the forum on http://www.uscarbinecal30.com. It's not a GI stock; it's a Bavarian-manufactured replacement piece. But there are no Bavarian markings on the metal. Very strange

Edited by StrangeRanger