Parts Swap Capabilities?

I am new to the board and have a lot of questions for my current project. I have a Khar Arms 27A1 SBR, still in the process of transfer, and a 28A1 parts set in hand. My goal is to use as many of the parts from the 28A1 parts set as I can, then refinish to get as close to the original military configuration as possible. I have read many of the topics and posts, learned a lot, and would like any additional info that will help? I like the idea of the 28 frame use and the bolt holdback, detachable stock and original wood, GI mag use and etc. I have some gunsmithing experience and would like to know more of the procedural steps and depth of experience necessary, and who to contact, if necessary, to get it done. Any help is appreciated, Oldordie.

I am currently working on my Kahr 27 to make it look more like an original Tommy. I have already mounted the 28 frame, and right now I am working on the barrel. (non-SBR).

To mount the 28 frame to the Kahr, all you need to do is mill two places. Once you have your 27 frame in hand and compare it to the 28 you will see where the cuts need to be. One cut for a firing pin channel and another cut at the front to allow for the .10" difference in the Kahr. The internals will need milled to allow clearance for the selector switch.

Doug Richardson has an excellent book that gives very detailed instructions and dimensions for doing the complete 28 frame conversion. The book is titled "New Production Semi-Autos". The book was recomended to me by PK, and it was the best money I ever spent. Doug's contact information is in the FAQ, along with several tommy smiths, like PK and Damon.