Photo
- - - - -

Found these, any help as to what they are?

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Exiledcaptain

Exiledcaptain

• Regular Group
  • 4 posts

Posted 19 May 2018 - 02:42 PM

Found these and was wondering if I could get help identifying them and their value. Thanks in advance.

Attached Files

#2 Exiledcaptain

Exiledcaptain

• Regular Group
  • 4 posts

Posted 19 May 2018 - 02:43 PM

Here's another picture

Attached Files

#3 Adg105200

Adg105200

• Board Donor
  • 683 posts
  • Interests:Ww2, Thompsons & many other guns, hunting, fishing, tools, woodworking

Posted 19 May 2018 - 02:50 PM

Interesting! Looks like 1/2(?) Scale M1s. Is there any maker marks on them?

Andrew

#4 dalbert

dalbert

Website Owner

• Admin
  • 4586 posts

Posted 19 May 2018 - 03:13 PM

Maybe unfinished de la Garrique miniatures?

David Albert

dalbert@sturmgewehr.com

#5 Exiledcaptain

Exiledcaptain

• Regular Group
  • 4 posts

Posted 19 May 2018 - 07:37 PM

Found this box that had them as so. Those are the only markings I see on the pieces.

Attached Files

#6 Exiledcaptain

Exiledcaptain

• Regular Group
  • 4 posts

Posted 19 May 2018 - 07:41 PM

Maybe unfinished de la Garrique miniatures?

David Albert
dalbert@sturmgewehr.com

Thank you! Finally!

#7 giantpanda4

giantpanda4

Respected Member

• Board Benefactor
  • 2216 posts
  • Interests:Mechanical toys - cars, instruments, and of course - guns. The 1921-28 thompsons are the epitomy of perfection for a mechanical device that fills all my interests!

Posted 19 May 2018 - 08:48 PM

No, not sure they are Edmond De La Garague guns. What they are, from what I can remember, is from a set of 100 copies of a De La Garague gun. Someone (In Florida??) had a NC machine and ran 100 sets.Never finished many. I bought 4 and finished them. Timkel here on the Boardknows about them as well. You can check the Wayne Driscoll website, he is an authority on these scale guns and where I heard my info from. I am sure he can clarify it.

The "tells" are (1) they have a 3/4" wide mag, should be 1/2" in proper scale to the gun. I milled 1/8" off each side of mine. Also (2), I did not look closely, but I bet there is no mag release spring.Must be damn hard to make, my mini mag releases all fall out!

Very cool to see more of them show up!

#8 timkel

timkel

Long Time RKI Member

• Board Donor
  • 1125 posts
  • Interests:NRA Patron member
    Atlas Shrugged

Posted 20 May 2018 - 05:46 AM

No, not sure they are Edmond De La Garague guns. What they are, from what I can remember, is from a set of 100 copies of a De La Garague gun. Someone (In Florida??) had a NC machine and ran 100 sets.Never finished many. I bought 4 and finished them. Timkel here on the Boardknows about them as well. You can check the Wayne Driscoll website, he is an authority on these scale guns and where I heard my info from. I am sure he can clarify it.

The "tells" are (1) they have a 3/4" wide mag, should be 1/2" in proper scale to the gun. I milled 1/8" off each side of mine. Also (2), I did not look closely, but I bet there is no mag release spring.Must be damn hard to make, my mini mag releases all fall out!

Very cool to see more of them show up!

I do not believe they are Garrigue either. But with some time and effort they can be completed as 1:2 scale miniatures.

PM sent 

Edited by timkel, 20 May 2018 - 06:01 AM.

#9 full auto 45

full auto 45

Respected Member

• Board Benefactor
  • 4723 posts
  • Interests:Thompson's, Any Machinegun, Harley's and scuba diving. In that order.

Posted 20 May 2018 - 10:39 AM

Nice. Those would be a cool addition to a collection.