Post sample bar sale

Seen one or two and that seems to be the going rate. Some of these post sample guns are getting to be as goofy as the pre sample market. Im scratching my head to understand why the ptr sample market has exploded and some are going for more than Transferables! Edited by Got Uzi

Seen one or two and that seems to be the going rate. Some of these post sample guns are getting to be as goofy as the ptr sample market. Im scratching my head to understand why the ptr sample market has exploded and some are going for more than Transferables!

Ptr samples? Ohhhh you meant Pre-Mays!!! Yes they have gone up a ton!! It used to be a pre may was 1/3 the cost of a transferable. Now they are about 80% the cost of a transferable!!!

Used to be that the pricing was a premay at 50% of transferable, and a post t 10% +/-. Now, who knows ? I watched that BAR, but the off finish in the locking area had me a little leery of metallurgy on a "conversion". I was in a t $2k, but not much More. the 1918 BAR is a cool Historic arm, but not a great blaster. The fixed barrel and overheating are the down side.

No law letter guns always bring interesting money. I think you've got a lot more manufacturers out there than regular dealers compared to previous many years. Edited by David

I thought it was a low price. I thought maybe it would go for $8000 ish... Looking at other types of less common post sample gun auctions.. I thought it would bring a premium. I've made Ohio guns into post samples...I wouldn't even think of milling a phili ordnance receiver for less than the cost of a new Ohio gun plus conversion...

No law letter guns always bring interesting money. I think you've got a lot more manufacturers out there than regular dealers compared to previous many years.

The "no law letter PS" guns have been a cottage industry for a few years now. Whip up a bunch of posties, drop your license, sell at a profit to those who have licenses but no manufacturing capability, repeat, repeat, repeat. It's interesting to watch. I can't imagine investing the time in a BAR PS with all the other unlimited options out there for shooters/ mfrs.? I'd probably postie up some Smith FG42's before a BAR for that money? Or a glock switch for a couple hundred bucks?