• Please log in to reply
146 replies to this topic

#141 1921A

1921A

Respected Member

• Board Benefactor
  • 598 posts

Posted 06 August 2017 - 11:24 AM

One thing we didn't mention in this discussion is that it's never a good idea to subject these guns to sustained automatic fire. I do it once in awhile for fun but there is a risk and it does erode the barrel and shorten its life span a bit every time we do it.

We used to refer to Maguire era guns and worn Colts as "shooters" but with the current values for transferable guns and parts I don't think there is such a thing anymore.

Edited by 1921A, 06 August 2017 - 10:36 PM.

#142 rick57

rick57

• Board Donor
  • 35 posts

Posted 03 May 2019 - 03:36 PM

just got a 100 round drum  from numrich.  only ran it once but worked with no problems.  

didn't have time to do more was working on getting the laser zeroed in and had to leave for work.

rick

#143 thompsonteenager

thompsonteenager

• Regular Group
  • 165 posts

Posted 03 May 2019 - 04:24 PM

They are $379.95 on the Numrich website...

https://www.gunparts...140.htm#1478210

David

Indeed, that is a lot less $'s, than the C Drums listed for $577 on the Kahr arms A-O website.

Here in the UK, it does not matter if it operates or not, but it would complete the empty space in my Gordon Hergistad viola case.

Stay safe
Richard

Gordon H (2).JPG
Is that a deactivated 1921?

#144 mike in pa

mike in pa

• Regular Group
  • 202 posts

Posted 03 May 2019 - 06:37 PM

Does anyone know where the thread is about the newer C drum serial number chart? The one that listed if the serial number was on both sides of the drum or one? I cant find it using the search feature.

#145 Merry Ploughboy

Merry Ploughboy

Long Time RKI Member

• Regular Group
  • 1079 posts

Posted 04 May 2019 - 09:07 AM

Does anyone know where the thread is about the newer C drum serial number chart? The one that listed if the serial number was on both sides of the drum or one? I cant find it using the search feature.

There's some information in the pinned topics, in the Thompson Stick and Drum Magazine section.

#146 wv1928

wv1928

Long Time RKI Member

• Board Benefactor
  • 234 posts
  • Interests:Thompson's and all other guns especially full auto's.

Posted 05 May 2019 - 09:22 PM

I had ordered two of them when they first came up for sale.  I have tested only one so far and on the first dump it jammed once.  took the bad round out and started over and it ran great.  We were have so much fun with the first one we forgot to test the second one.  we dumped  eight more times giving the barrel time to cool and clean and it ran perfect all eight and 1/2 times.

that was three months ago and can't seem to find the time to run the second one.   May just leave it net in the box for twenty years and sell it for a few thousand :)  :)

The primer was bad in the first dump.  I reloaded that round myself and later used it in a stick.  I would recommend these drums in my lowly onion.  The fifty rounder I had ordered a ways back seem to work very well with some greasing.  the 50 rounders had the word  ' Thompson " milled off with an end mill.  they did a nice job of it to.

Top of the evening to you all.

Charlie Brown

#147 Bridgeport28A1

Bridgeport28A1

Respected Member

• Board Benefactor
  • 1237 posts

Posted 06 May 2019 - 08:56 AM

I had a Numrich C drum that had a bad spring.