Dillinger's " manhood " an Urban Legend

Willie " the Actor" Sutton- Sure. When I was a kid in the late 50s, my brother & I went to the movie on a sat, movie was Willie " The Actor " Sutton.

My first encounter with him. Had his book too, went to the museum collection in DC.

I've never seen the movie since

Another urban legend: he was supposed to say, when asked why he robbed banks; " because that's where the money was ".

Side Note here on movies. The 1950 Gun Crazy is showing on TCM. It's the 1950s version ( sorta ) of Bonnie & Clyde. I give it 1/2 bowl of popcorn and only two beers. This was the King Bros attempt to score another gangster movie after they did Dillinger in 1945. If you didn't know Hoover had banned gangster movies for a time, pre war I think.

Rob- You know the government can tax you for that. This went into effect just after Dillinger was gun downed.

OCM

Well, pal, I guess that depends on the BATF size chart & tax. I paid $876.00/per/Thompson . Came out of a swimming pool too.

Been married to the same gal for 40 years now.

OCM

Well, pal, I guess that depends on the BATF size chart & tax. I paid $876.00/per/Thompson . Came out of a swimming pool too.

Been married to the same gal for 40 years now.

OCM

Lol...yeah, that must be the difference between your FA Tommy's, and my paltry Kahr SA M1A1. ;)

Rob

No, it was the other way around, they thought it was a " coach" shotgun but it was his real deal. ( John would of been proud of that )