Working out with the Merle Bitikofer .22 cal. conversion

Great time on the .22 conversion. Looks like a very early kit. I have the same kit with an improved 28 Actuator Merle made for me; that no longer fits in that case. Latter kits were wood I believe. Does your kit require you to remove the ejector in order to fit the kit? Mine does. I know there is a fix to it but haven't figured out who does the milling of the bolt.

Merle milled a slot in the barrel boss and barrel so it would slide past the ejector without the need to remove it. Im sure someone here has one of the modified kits and will post a picture. If they dont, Ill post one when I get home Tuesday.

Great time on the .22 conversion. Looks like a very early kit. I have the same kit with an improved 28 Actuator Merle made for me; that no longer fits in that case. Latter kits were wood I believe. Does your kit require you to remove the ejector in order to fit the kit? Mine does. I know there is a fix to it but haven't figured out who does the milling of the bolt.

My kit was fit to my WH Thompson and updated by PK. PK put a slot in the barrel boss so no ejector removal is needed to install. PK also fit an AO .22lr magazine adapter and magazines to work with my kit. I just didn't want to use plastic magazines, so I went with metal AO magazines.

SN150716-Sanitized.jpg

As an aside, the metal AO magazines fit perfectly in a M1903 Pedersen device magazine pouch. How neat is that?

IMG-3449.jpg

IMG-3451.jpg

I like that. Anyone have a 22lr mag adapter they want to sell?

PM me!

My kit does not require me to remove the ejector. It has the slot milled into the side of the chamber/barrel and just drops into the .45 cal. barrel of my M1. My kit is just like the one in pstidan's photo above, it came in a black plastic box and included both the bolt handles for a 1928 and a M1 model, and also included both of the muzzle nuts to work with a compensator or the plain uncompensated barrel of the M1.

I posted a question about the Merle Bitikofer kit about October of last year and a fellow board member reached out to me in private and offered his kit to me for sale. We discussed it and settled on a price and I picked it up. He did include about 12 of the Black Dog plastic magazines, and I have not had any issues with it, it runs. I did pick up one of Deerslayer's 50 round .22 cal. drums, but I have not tried it yet.

I am trying to post a couple of photos, but I am having an issue. I will try and add to this post later, if I can figure out what is going on.
Mark