Hello,

I am looking for the following Thompson related items for my collection:

Wooden British Thompson 1928 transit chest..any condition considered

Austrailian 5 cell magazine pouch and drum pouch

USMC marked drum pouch

Please email at dchinchar@akrion.com Thanks, Dan

Hello,

The Austrailian mag pouches look similar to the US ones, but the cover that comes over the mag comes down lower on the front. I have a picture of one somewhere I just cant find it right now. I have never seen one in person so I cant tell you about the material. I have an Austrailian carrying case for a 28 gun that is similar to the old colt cases and has a carry strap and a place for the stock to fit. It does not have any provision for carrying any magazines though. It is made of a mustard yellow canvas and is a very fine fabric..not the course material that most of the US and British stuff was made with. The closest thing I can compare the canvas to is a US WW1 gas mask bag. The color is a little different, but the material is close. A friend has a drum bag that I have seen and it is the same exact canvas material as my case. My case is Marked with a "D" and an "O" and the broad arrow in between them. It is also marked Myer Emporium Melboune 1942 below the broad arrow. I can send you a pic if you want of my case if you want or is someone wants to, I will send it to them and they can post it here. Thanks, dan