I took my 1927A1 to the range today ... Last week when I took it to the range the gun ran like a fine watch ... Today ... bam bam bam bam bam JAM bam bam bam bam bam JAM bam bam JAM ... You get the idea. 3 different stick magazines that all worked fine last week ... Today not so much ... At least my L drum ran flawlessly ... I dunno ... Maybe the increased humidity and heat was a factor ... Why not? Everything else seems to effect these guns ... Frustrating .... At least my BAR ran nicely.

post-260006-0-84979000-1526853284_thumb.jpg

I purchased a set of easy springs for mine but never installed them - the recommendation is to run 2 or 3 hundred rounds through the rifle first to break it in before switching. After putting in the extended bolt handle, I found that it was much easier to cock so I've never installed the replacement springs...and mine runs perfectly.

Follow up ... This morning I put the factory springs back in the gun and removed the buffer pad ... It ran 100% with no FTF's and actually seemed to fire faster with the original springs back in it ... Weird

My tm1 does the same exact thing....it does not like the easy springs at all

Extended bolt handle and original springs...

flawless

What type of stoppages were you experiencing? Failure to feed or failure to eject? With the EZ Springs installed your Thompson can be more 'ammo finicky' . Todd in Oregon

FTF's ... Round sideways in port ... Re-installing the factory springs seemed to fix the issue ... According to my son who is a custom gunsmith ... "Stronger spring tension, speeds up bolt travel time, less time for a feed error". ... It's working properly now ... So I'm happy.

I was really fortunate with my M1SB - have only ever had one jam: round caught and pushed sideways. It was during the first firing of the rifle - on the first magazine. I think I may have just not fully seated the round against the back of the magazine - forgot to do the "magazine tap" that I learned with the M16/M4 to ensure the rounds are properly seated.

I was really fortunate with my M1SB - have only ever had one jam: round caught and pushed sideways. It was during the first firing of the rifle - on the first magazine. I think I may have just not fully seated the round against the back of the magazine - forgot to do the "magazine tap" that I learned with the M16/M4 to ensure the rounds are properly seated.

I think the reason the EZ springs worked okay with the L drum is that the bolt is pushing the round straight into the chamber ... The stacked stick mags as well as the drum work fine with the factory springs ... I think I will just stick with those ... When I get to feeble to pull back the bolt with factory springs, I'm done as a shooter anyway.

I think the reason the EZ springs worked okay with the L drum is that the bolt is pushing the round straight into the chamber ... The stacked stick mags as well as the drum work fine with the factory springs ... I think I will just stick with those ... When I get to feeble to pull back the bolt with factory springs, I'm done as a shooter anyway.

I opted to buy the extended bolt handle and that gives me perfect leverage with the original springs.

Who makes the extended bolt handle you are speaking about?

Edited by DeaconKC