Wierd Tsmg Variant

Looks like somebody tried to do a hack-job "pistolized TSMG." I'm sorry, but to me, the only proper pistolized TSMG is a 1927A-5 (which would have been better with 10.5" barrel--but that has some legality questions...) or a 1921/21AC/28 with stock detached.

The "Under License By Auto-Ordnance Corporation Bridgeport, Conn U.S.A." is a hoot. First, Auto-Ord either spelled out "Connecticut," or used the abbreviation "CT" from 1921 to 1944 when the corporation ceased to exist. This Frankenstein gun was obviously made post WWII, so how did RPB Industries of Atlanta, Georgia manage to get a license to produce this thing from a defunct company?

Looks like someone modified a MAC 10 to resemble a Thompson. Isn't RPB one of the companies that made the MAC's? If they can make that MAC in .45 go fast, has to work in that one. Where is the gun at now?

Hi guys,

There was a 1918A2 BAR around a while back that had the original manufacturer's rollmark removed and replaced with "MILITARY ARMAMENT CORPORATION", if I remember correctly. It had to be a reweld.

Carey

I believe this gun is in Australia. Did anyone notice how the receiver has been milled down to make it lighter? The grip is shaped like a FNFAL and the stock looks to be from a Galil.

It looks to be a M1 or M1A1 that has been rather extensively modified for whatever purpose..The reciever shows evidence of welding (like the bolt track on the side) It actually looks like a neat modern variant of the Thompson with a provision for a suppressor. It would be nice to get the history on this creation. Perhaps contacting former RPB employees? As I doubt that the current employees of "RPB" have a clue on this one.

QUOTE (Arthur Fliegenheimer @ Jun 23 2004, 08:26 PM)
MP40,
The history on it? Since RPB fabricated a "licensed" connection with Auto-Ord, I would imagine any "history" gleaned from their records would be equally dubious. As a novelty item, it's on the same level as those Reisings made to look like MP40's on "Combat."

yes art and when i had the chance to buy one from earl i passed.thats a real neat "combat" item......and i am sure whomever did buy the two he owned.......they will play the "tg".thing............along with the r{e}ising increase of course.............wink!!

somebody did put alot of work into that....probably for some columbian drug lord's attache case............a little cheese a little wine........no wait!! thats "sahara"

i mean a little coke......a little thompson, a leetle friend!!

yep...... take care,ron

Arthur, by history, I mean How did it get to Austrailia? And just why did they produce this? and who/what was it for? That is if they did build it...And why even stamp it the way they did? Why even credit Auto ordinance? Was it just to fool someone into thinking it was a legitimate Thompson? Who knows? I would like to know why they spent so much time (machine work) on this project..As for the MP40's on Combat! I laugh when I remember that they where "retooled" Reisings!

Strange beast! http://www.machinegunbooks.com/forums/invboard1_1_2/upload/html/emoticons/blink.gif

QUOTE (Arthur Fliegenheimer @ Jun 23 2004, 09:08 PM)
Ron,
Testing again? That's "Kelly's Hereos."

By the way, do any of the following Class III dealer names register with you as old-time TSMG movers:

Tommy St. Charles
Irv Kahn
Dick Wray
Ed Anthony
R.J. Perry
Fred Rexer
Ron Rudin
Hy Hunter

yes all of them plus bob bond from ohio, harris from downstate il.

dick wray is kinda retired, perry is dead, ron rudin is dead.....{sad!! they found his head in the desert in nev.{true story} fred rexer who know's what happened>a nice guy..... a biker for awhile.........irv retired nice guy.........i mention a lot of them in my story 1997 "the quest" in tracies newsletter's.........

i have lost touch with a few,then i surfaced again........some figured i went to mar's..........nope just the desert sun state.

yep a lot of good times can't forget fred vollmer........we always went round and round with thompson's.......when i came on the scene very few had been into the thompson thing!

now over thirty years later,everybody is.........

funny story the other day.........i was chattin with a guy about getting my first 21a from mike rojak at L.E.S. in skokie ,il. in his ad for $900.00..........when i bought it i had the colt sitting on my front seat, all the way down pulaski ave from dempster....thought nothing of it.....

good time's, thanks for the memories. bob hope........

take care,ron

QUOTE (Arthur Fliegenheimer @ Jun 23 2004, 09:08 PM)
Ron,
Testing again? That's "Kelly's Hereos."

By the way, do any of the following Class III dealer names register with you as old-time TSMG movers:

Tommy St. Charles
Irv Kahn
Dick Wray
Ed Anthony
R.J. Perry
Fred Rexer
Ron Rudin
Hy Hunter

arthur watch "sahara" frenchy go's into the wine, bread cheese thing...............i know a little on the thompson's and some on the flic's...........and sometimes a test for laugh's. darn we always have to have some humor around here..............thats why they keep me around right???

anybody know the first movie with a thompson?? wink!!

take care,ron

Ron,

The first silent pic or talkie? Talkie: "Little Caesar" & "Public Enemy" 1931, "Duck Soup" 1933.....

Oddball says the same thing on the radio to Kelly saying he's just kicking back having a little wine and a little cheese, but Louis Mercier's (Leroux) routine went wine, cheese, and bread. It's these small differences that make trivial pursuit trivial.

and wallace beery in "the big house".one of the m.g.m.gun's in that one...........and the first scarface paul muni..............and boris karloff when he was a gangster...not franky!!

catch bonnie and clyde the 67 version....with the scene of the L-stamped rear sight.THEY DID NOT HAVE THEM IN 33-34.i guess warren never checked that out.........take care,ron

have to get rid of those negative wave's moriarity{wink}

Mike,

RPB Industries did indeed manufacture the Mac 10 ( in 45 and 9 mm) and Mac 11 ( in 380), from 1977 till 1982 after Military Armament Corp. ( MAC) which made them from 1970 -76. After that, it has been made in a variety of varients by a lot of companies ( SWD, Cobray, etc...)

Most were crap compared to the original MAC made by Ingram...

What a wierd bug this mini Tommy is. Would love to know the history on it and how the hell it got to Australia.

Zamm

It looks like someone took left over TSMG pieces and made new recever, someone did a lot of work making that thing; but the adress and lisensed by make me very suspicious of how legitimate the company or individule was making the gun. I think it is neater than hell and would like to have for my private colection as most people on this board would if they could have it without prision sentance. If it works with that short bolt it must have one hell of a rate of fire!

BB

Hey Ron,..I just came across L.E.S. sales broucher from 1971(?) with a 21 on the cover....found it in a flea market in Mt.Dora FL...that`s funny you bring them up...Pulaski?...you mean Crawford don`t you? http://www.machinegunbooks.com/forums/invboard1_1_2/upload/html/emoticons/wink.gif

An interesting gun to see. I agree, someone spent a lot of time on that.

Has anyone else roamed around the Aussie Buyback site?

Left me with a very uneasy feeling. Something like a Twilight Zone episode.

A "model program" for sure.

I briefly checked out the site. It is down right scarry. It is the stuff communist (i.e. liberal democraps) wet dreams are made of. As for the modified thompson, it is a neat looking weapon. I wonder if it shoots, and if it does how controllable is it. I am surprised it was not modified to accept a drum.

Scott