High in price - and if like the WH's I purchased, good chance don't work right out of the box. PK can solve this problem in most cases.

There are still WH in the $7,500 range, which I think is still so what high, but then everything Thompson is going up.

That is Kathy Lomont...I assume she is part of Kent`s operation,...anybody know different?..I bought from Kent before and was satified...22cal. tmsg is there also for $7000.00...the five WHs seem a bit optomistic...5yrs ago that would have got the whole batch...but then we didn`t know about PK..My .02,out. http://www.machinegunbooks.com/forums/invboard1_1_2/upload/html/emoticons/wink.gif

What I have heard is that she divorced Kent and is now running her own shop in Missoula Mt.

QUOTE (Ron A @ Mar 19 2004, 03:35 PM)
What I have heard is that she divorced Kent and is now running her own shop in Missoula Mt.

Maybe that is how she got the Thompsons http://www.machinegunbooks.com/forums/invboard1_1_2/upload/html/emoticons/biggrin.gif

Her site refers to her as Kathy Lomont-Poling of Bonner, Montana. I really don't know or care if she is divorced, married or whatever... its not really any of my business.

However, I can say that I am in the middle of a transfer with her and have had no problems what so ever. She was very knowlegable and answered all of my questions. She offers inspection periods on all transfers and seems to have a good reputation in the Class 3/NFA department. My local dealer said she was good to deal with and she goes to Knob Creek quite a bit.

All I can say is that I am satisfied and would suggest anyone considering a NFA firearm to check out her website and do the deal if you can.

Elite Iron

Chris.

Edited by DC Chris

A NIB West Hurley presents the "Antiques Road Show" dilemma. You, the purchaser, are expected to pay a premium price because the gun is NIB. However, West Hurleys are shooters, not collectors. So, if you shoot it, (after rework, if needed), the premium price you paid is gone.

In the alternative, you (and subsequent owners) don't shoot it and in about 100 years the gun can proudly be displayed on Antiques Road Show. The estimator guy, J.C. Devine, XXI, can tell you how much the gun would get on auction, if of course, the J.C. Devine auctions had not been shut down back in the early 2000's because of alleged improprieties dealing with a telephone auction one of his ancestors once held.

After getting back from the "On the side of Law and Order" opening, my wife who had accompanied me, gave the go ahead to put out some large for a shooter. Not that I needed her permission mind you, just wanted her to think I consult her on financial matters. I got home to see Kathy Lamont's NIB West Hurleys and drunk with Thompsonitis from the exhibit I contacted her and made arrangements to submit a deposit. But after reading the responses to this post I sobered up and withdrew my offer.

Tell me I did the right thing guys! I was this close!

Also please send me your WTS offers for those 7 - 8k shooters i'm now holding out for!