Hungarian .45acp In Tsmg

If this is the MFS ammo you are referring to, then I have used a bit with pretty good success, and some with not-so-good results.

I bought a thousand rounds 2 years ago at Knob Creek. This was the MFS in the green, red and white boxes (Christmas colors!). I ran quite a bit through my 28 and have noticed it does run a tad slower. I'd guess the stuff is a bit on the mild side, but no runaways as of yet.

It shoots pretty clean also.

Last August at the TCA shoot I got involved in the competition shoot with the Pepper poppers, etc. It was lots of fun. I was shooting Winchester white box ammo, and was doing pretty good (I was kinda in the zone).

Unfortunately, I had a failure to feed on the second shot in a magazine and lost that round. The ammo in that mag was MFS that my Daughter had accidentally loaded up for me. I took the next round with time to spare (Winchester ammo....I looked at what was left after the match) BUT on the third round (best two of three rounds wins the set) I again had a misfeed after one shot. Again, MFS ammo in that magazine. I didn't tell my Daughter as she would have felt responsible..... http://www.machinegunbooks.com/forums/invboard1_1_2/upload/html/emoticons/sad.gif

Now in all fairness, the gun had been fired by three people in the AM at paper targets and at that time probably had over 400 rounds through it without a cleaning. It was dirty. I wanted to clean it but my Son wanted to go for lunch and we just didn't have time when we got back before the competition started. Fault goes partly to me for shooting a dirty gun but all failures occurred with MFS ammo.

The stuff I've seen recently has a different box (looks Mil. to me and not commercial) but it may be the same stuff. Try it out and see how it runs. It seems like a good deal at (I believe)$170.00/M

Good luck!

john

• 2 weeks later...

I just saw a lot of this stuff at the Lansing show this weekend. Wanted around $108 / 600 rounds. Brass case, boxer primed, non-corrosive.

What I noticed is it was 230 gr bullets- no one there could tell me if there were light or hot loads either. John mentions it may be a little lighter load - anyone know yet?

http://www.machinegunbooks.com/forums/invboard1_1_2/upload/html/emoticons/mad.gif I have had mixed results with the Hungarian stuff. It is on the mild / light side. Functions my 1911s pretty reliably, but my Thompson is a little more finicky. I have a M-1A1 with a fixed pin that I shoot it in.

Paul