Erma EMP

maxfaxdude

Been looking for one of these for a while.

Called David Spiwak after seeing it on his website this Monday evening. He said that the gun had only been posted for about 1 hour before I called him.

I told him that I'll take it!

https://www.davidspiwak.com/gun/cr-german-erma-emp-9mm-in-excellent-condition-with-berlin-1936-dated-pouch-with-3-mags-plus-1-extra-mag/

post-262001-0-29461600-1634779824_thumb.jpg

Edited by maxfaxdude

Spiwak will occasional have some rare birds on his website. I picked up a select fire Maadi Egyptian AKM from him in 2018. So I try to check his website at least 2 times a week. He said that the Grease gun sold very quickly as well.

Does anyone know how rare or common the mag pouches are?

Nice!

Hard to say on the pouches? A number of them interchange for different guns. I have two pouches that hold larger mags, but they nest the other direction (90 degrees from flat). They are similar but not the same either. Markings of the period are rather poor if they were ink stamped inside? I have a short mag that is unmarked, and the larger mags are numbered but not maker marked. All of my stuff could be Spanish? Or it could be a lot of interwar stuff is not marked? Not a lot of good info on these, but there is a decent amount in the Schmeisser myth......more than I've found anywhere else.

I wouldn't say any of this stuff is common these days, though the bigger mags are not that hard to find when I was on the hunt. HTH

What did you pay for the EMP please?

Paid $18.9 K.

Thanks, appreciate knowing what the current value is on the EMPs. They have been sleepers for so long. The recent escalation of values of other pre-war and wartime SMGs has lifted values of these fine guns, too.

• 2 weeks later...

Well okay, the secret is out. I almost bought the ERMA, but instead elected to buy a beautiful C&R Lanchester that he got in with the same shipment. He never even listed it! I've bought three NFA items from him now, always a good experience. But you have to keep an eye out... he gets the stuff in periodic waves. I got lucky as did Maxfaxdude!

Better yet, why don't you guys let me monitor his site and I'll let everyone know if something I don't want pops up!