Happy Birthday John Dillinger

If he were alive today old John Dillinger would be the ripe old age of 101. Born on this day in 1903 in Indianapolis Indiana, my home town, he became public enemy #1, not because he was the baddest criminal in the 30's but because he was the smartest. Out witting the FBI and locals so many times it made them look bad. That and I think he found out the J. Edgar wore womens clothing. RIP John.

http://mikesmachineguns.homestead.com/files/JHD___1928.JPG

You had better be careful doing that with your Tommy.

Just think, if the end of time came, and the dead were resurrected instantly, I'll bet you'd loose your Thompson to some guy that used to be dead!!! And I'll bet the guy that had it could use it better than you can.

Think about it.

Ken

I wonder what it would have been like to actually meet some of the "bad ole guys" from that era.

In reading a biography about Capone, he seemed like a decent person, he did some great things to help the poor folk.

So long as you weren't competition, then things were fairly rough on you.

RIP John.....

QUOTE (PhilOhio @ Jul 6 2004, 12:38 AM)
QUOTE (Grey Crow @ Jul 5 2004, 11:04 PM)
I wonder what it would have been like to actually meet some of the "bad ole guys" from that era.

In reading a biography about Capone, he seemed like a decent person, he did some great things to help the poor folk.

So long as you weren't competition, then things were fairly rough on you.

RIP John.....

As a young guy, coming up through the ranks of the mob in New York, Capone was a brutal and bloody killer. He was no Mr. Nice Guy.

Also whatever good Capone did, he did for P. R. purposes to further his own agenda. In my mind this was a truely evil person.

I have talked to a couple of people that said they had spoken to John Dillinger. One was my grandfather. Both said that he was a gentleman and just your average Joe. But he had the biggest hate for the banks and the Government. His family owns a farm about 30 minutes away from me in Mooresville Indiana. He also attended many family reunions in Mooresville when the feds were after him. From what I have been told, he was your modern (1930's) day Robin Hood type. Don't get me wrong, he was a bad guy and I would not ever condone what he did as right. But he had put some class, if you want to call it that, into the "gangster". I also heard he attended a family gathering after the time the feds say they killed him.