Was very impressed with the attention to detail and had to get it

Attached Files

#2 Black River Militaria CII

Black River Militaria CII

Industry Expert

• Regular Group
  • 696 posts

Posted 04 October 2018 - 08:16 PM

When I was about twelve, I received a wooden M1 Thompson model kit for my birthday. The parts were very well crafted and fit together well for solid gluing. A “blued” finish was done with finely powdered graphite rubben into the bare wood on all “metal” parts. I recall painting the normally wooden parts on an M1 with shellac which gave them a sligtly orange cast. I had a lot of fun with it. The model in the kit sure looks like one of those kits frm the 1950s.

#3 john

john

Long Time RKI Member

• Regular Group
  • 593 posts

Posted 05 October 2018 - 10:08 AM

Cool piece!
One of these years Ill display my toy Thompson collection again.....clise to 140 pueces, toys, capguns, water guns, etc.
Toys are cool too!

#4 benedw60

benedw60

• Regular Group
  • 81 posts

Posted 05 October 2018 - 10:44 AM

Whats your favorite piece out of your entire collection

#5 R67

R67

• Regular Group
  • 285 posts
  • Interests:WWII US Uniforms and Equipment, College girls, and Thompsons of course....

Posted 05 October 2018 - 12:45 PM

That is a really cool wooden TSMG. Looks like it was hand carved out of solid walnut, which is not easy to do. Looks like it had a few separate parts at one time that have been lost, or never completed. 

My dad made me a wood TSMG out of birch when I was a kid. I remember playing in the front yard, a cop pulled up and I immediately looked sheepish. He rolled down the window, smiled and asked: "You getting all the bad guys?". I nodded and he cruised away. Not sure if that interaction could happen the same way nowadays. 

#6 Paladin601

Paladin601

RKI Member

• Board Donor
  • 1101 posts
  • Interests:Staying above ground

Posted 05 October 2018 - 11:18 PM

Was very impressed with the attention to detail and had to get it

Plans must of been in Popular mechanics or something, my dad mad me one just like it. Wish I still had it.

#7 anjong-ni

anjong-ni

Long Time RKI Member

• Board Benefactor
  • 335 posts

Posted 20 October 2018 - 06:07 PM

My Dad's box of pipe fittings produced only "Grease guns" which we spent hours chasing-around with...Phil