Combat Vet,

Not sure if a vertical foregrip on a pistol is legit. Others can chime in. I think horizonal is OK, but vertical may not be. If you configure it that way it way it have to have a tax stamp. In the interim, put a horizonal foregrip on it. Likewise you can not put a buttstock on it unless you go the tax stamp route.

Good luck and welcome to the forum

Sandman1957

Just picked up a pre ban Thompson pistol by Auto Ordnance in West Hurley, NY with vertical fore grip

I think he is OK with the early WH pistols, they came that way pre ban...I read about the legality somewhere years ago and have since forgot where. The new ones cannot have a vertical grip without going the NFA route. I seem to remember thinking if I ever stumbled on the early WH one I should grab it because of that. As Sandman said, maybe some of our law experts can chime in.

Just found an old post from 2012 ("search" is my friend!) from Dan Block;

One thing to add, the reason you can't put a vertical grip on the new kahr is overall length of the gun type BS not allowing vertical grip. The grip would fit, but not legal to do...With a 13 inch barrel of the older gun, then it was long enough for the vertical grip.

Either way you are looking at aluminum receiver guns... best looked at a lot and shot a little. Others have reported feed ramp wear fairly quickly.
Dan

Thanks guys. Not sure how to post pic.

Kevin

Just go into 'More Reply Options' and you should be able to upload and attach your photos.

Andrew

I would modify the mag catch instead of the magazines

+1

There is a couple threads on that topic. Plus then you only need to modify one thing for all gi mags to work.

Andrew