Custom Semi-Auto from Philly Ord Receiver

So, finally in the home stretch with this.

Full height Phili ordnance receiver. Known kahr firing system. The cut and weld versions using 28 bolt parts leave me nervous on reliability so I went this way.

Bolt cavity is milled with denial areas so a full auto bolt will not go in. Kahr bolt is milled to work with denial areas.

Then a 1/10 inch spacer is fitted to the bottom of the bolt cavity.

Sear and related parts built higher. None of this part is fragile or hard to build and/or fix.

28 lower holds the modified semi parts plus bolt hold open with the selector.

This one is being built as a pistol. Obviously sbr or rifle barrel length options could work too.

Very cool Dan. Do you think functionality will be more reliable than a stock Kahr?

You are having Reliability problems with your Kahr?

I've had the common "extractor popping out" issue. I've tried all of the found "remedies" here and it still happens from time to time. Other than that.... No. Just going on the reliability and quality issues a lot of others have had. To bat the ATF wouldn't just allow a semi similar to the original 1927 colt models.

Function is just like a kahr so no change in the general reliability compared to a kahr. Stock GI mags fit correctly. I belive the extractor problems need to be fixed with a GI extractor, but to do that you would have to take the barrel off a kahr gun to cut the extractor slot correctly. Not really an issue with Phili ordnance receiver build.