Take a look at this bolt ....

New to Thompsons and am still having feeding issues. Cleaning the piece this morning and noticed the bolt looks odd to me.

http://i.imgur.com/jGl7dL8.jpg

I'd expect the head of the bolt to be round, not with a "dent". Seems I saw post on a similar issue somewhere but I can't find it.

I like the rifle but not too happy with the way it performs so far.

Bic

My guess would be that like others, myself included, that the head of your bolt was not properly hardened so it dented when it came into contact with something. I had to replace my bolt due to a similar reason. It's a crap shoot on wether or not they get hardened right.

Jon

I should add that this is a new rifle with less than 150 rounds down the tube. Along with failure to feed issues it also fires about 5 inches right of aiming point. For a rifle that appears to be well made from outward appearances I'm leaning toward the possibility that it a piece of junk. On the other hand it is fun to shoot on the rare occasions that it actually works. What do you think .... send it back to Kahr?

Bic

send it back, for the price they charge for these there is no damn excuse why products of dubious construction are rolling out their door .

and make sure they actually FIX it , not "Oh we replaced the extractor and polished the feedramp" BS they've pushed before.

Edited by StooperZero

Just a quick update ... sent an e-mail to Kahr this morning with a photo of the bolt. Got a reply almost immediately apologizing for the problem and asking me to return the bolt to them for replacement. Pretty quick service. We'll see how long it takes for the replacement bolt to arrive.

Bic

All of the Kahr, Auto Ordnance and Desert Eagle production will be moved to northeast PA in the coming year. The new factory is complete, CNC machines are in place and I think they will begin systematically be moving production beginning soon. They already do all of their mail order from that new facility and have a huge retail store with an armorer on premises. I'm only an hour away and I ordered my M1SB through the store.

• 4 weeks later...

glad to hear they asked for the bolt but I wonder if having the whole gun would be better. I have a related issue where my bolt hold open pawl has rounded out the cut out in the bottom of the bolt - like it wasn't hardened enough. I kind of hope they only ask for the bolt when I write them as they could reface and harden the bolt without needing the gun - the problem isn't related to the bolt's travel in the frame.

I noticed other responses where kahr says "blah blah blah, and fired one round no problems". i'd like them so try a couple of magazine's through something I send them as just one round might not reveal whatever problems there might be. good luck with them and let us know how it turns out.

dokkerdam.

• 2 months later...
Another Newbie here. It seems that I have the same issue. New gun from Cabelas. First mag was flawless, thereafter jams every couple of shots. I discovered this while cleaning. Will try to call Auto-Ord tomorrow. I really dont want to send the whole gun in, but I wonder if a new bolt jacks the headspace. Really like it, just wish it worked since its new (and not cheap). Will post how it turns out

post-261467-0-73272400-1511747103_thumb.jpeg

post-261467-0-59072100-1511747624_thumb.jpeg

post-261467-0-46881300-1511747648_thumb.jpeg

post-261467-0-94033300-1511747711_thumb.jpeg

Edited by Dwfeath

Your pics are wrong angle so see if the lips are bent down. You need a straight on view. And they won't show if the magazine sits a bit low. Lock mag into the gun. Can you push up the magazine? If it sits low there will be free "play" up and down. A loose low magazine will definately cause jams.