Wtk: Commercial Parts/cleaning Kits

have located one of each of the commecial canvas Mills and Rusco canvas cleaning/parts kits. These have action brush, pull through brush, and an original set of spare parts in grease wrap, each.

What are these kits worth each today?

Vahan originally listed those for $1,195 each, he has since obviously raised the price.

What gets me the lack of documention for these kits having been offered for sale back when.

I was looking at buying one at KCR once and I think it was Bill Douglass and Greg Fox both convinced me to not buy.

good luck

I've got a chance to acquire both the mills and rusco cases complete and find them really hard to come by. Where other than autoweapons are some?

Also am looking for a numbered colt L drum and a colt "No" L drum.

Oh for what it is worth Checkpoint Charlies had a Mills version that the last price I noted posted was $1,395, in June 04. They originally started at $1,695 back in Feb 04. It eventually must have sold because he pulled the ad.

do you think there is something not correct about the kits on autoweapons??

the canvas looks right, the brushes look correct, and the parts are advertised as unopened(would be easy to tell if they are military or colt parts, correct?)

These things really came out of the Woodwork in 1991. At that time, I heard that Tracie Hill paid $2000.00 for one Canvas Kit. A year later, more of them surfaced, and I did obtain all three (ALL complete) variations for $800.00 from a Collector back East. Two years later, I sold each one for $700.00. Not as Rare as the Metal Box..

Sig - I thought the price on the two canvas cases at Autoweapons were lower a while back.

Any idea why someone would raise a price of an article that is not selling?

TD

One could only speculate why the price was raised. I actuallly thought his original price was pretty fair, but still not in my interest having no written documentation of their existance in any AO literature that I am aware of. I still believe they are a desirable collectable item, just not for me. As pca16 noted Charlie figured it out and got the price right.

michael

Hi guys,

I had one of the Mills parts kits offered to me at KCR. The pouch was correct and so were the brushes. But when I opened the green wrapper to inspect the parts, they were obviously Savage '28 parts (S marked) and not the original Colt parts. Autoweapons.com says their kits are sealed and they will not open them to show you what is inside. I have only seen 2 of these kits and neither was "sealed". They appeared to be the normal green grease wrap and can be unfolded easily. A picture of an unfolded greasepack from one of these canvas kits is in "Thompson, The American Legend on p. 356. There are many repros and misrepresented items out there. Be careful and inspect everything personally, if possible. I now have a list of repro TSMG, BAR, and MP40 pouches, belts, and canvas cases that were passed off as originals. Especially watch for the canvas carry cases put out by Pacific Canvas and Leather. A picture of these repros will look to be an original.

Carey