Photo

Japanese Type 11 ?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Skittorius

Skittorius

• Board Benefactor
  • 79 posts
  • Interests:Vintage Hi-Fi, Vintage firearms, Mid-century furniture, 1960's counterculture memorabilia.

Posted 27 February 2018 - 08:47 PM

So there's a Japanese type 11 parts kit on GB right now,  but what has me wondering is that the seller is selling what seems to be an integral part of the gun, the hopper, in a separate auction.  Does it seem odd that the kit would be separated like that ?  I'd be much more apt to bid if it was combined,  I wouldn't want to win the kit and not win the hopper,  or vice versa and to be honest that would keep me from jumping in.

Edited by Skittorius, 27 February 2018 - 08:48 PM.

#2 Black River Militaria CII

Black River Militaria CII

Industry Expert

• Regular Group
  • 664 posts

Posted 28 February 2018 - 07:29 AM

Not an “integral” part of the kit, but far more scarce than the kits and a number of kit owners as well as owners of registered T11s are missing the hopper. Seller is smart to auction hopper separately. Complete bolts and good never-DEWATed barrels are also extremely scarce. Both are good deals and rare chance for those needing parts.....

#3 Skittorius

Skittorius

• Board Benefactor
  • 79 posts
  • Interests:Vintage Hi-Fi, Vintage firearms, Mid-century furniture, 1960's counterculture memorabilia.

Posted 01 March 2018 - 05:48 AM

Hi Bob, thank you for the info.  Is the hopper an accessory/option or was the the gun unable to operate without it ?  It would just be destined for display but I'd hate for it to be incomplete.

Steve

#4 michaelkih

michaelkih

RKI Member

• Regular Group
  • 596 posts

Posted 12 June 2018 - 08:54 PM

Very interesting.  I have a spare hopper and spare barrel and 2 spare complete bolts with my Type 11.  All from the seller of the gun.  It's a shame how rare everything is for the Type 11.