MP40

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Haenelistklasse

Haenelistklasse

• Regular Group
  • 106 posts

Posted 06 May 2019 - 09:15 PM

Did anyone else see the MP40 parts kit on gunbroker that sold for $3800 last night? It was a nice kit but not that nice. It did have a very rare mag coded 122 38. The barrel was a bit pitted though and the endcap was marked fxo 42. I still think there was a shill bidder. A guy with a no rating just happened to sign up for the auction midway through. I did not bid but was watching intently.It was a Battle Royale at the end. There are still deals to be had every now and again. I was able to snag an original MP40 mag pouch in the last couple weeks that nobody bid on. I sent pics to Alex Cruiming (mp40.nl) and he said that he would have instantly bought it at the price I paid and I thought I paid a bit too much but am happy that I found it. It is only the second one I bought in 20 years.

#2 ThompsonCrazy

ThompsonCrazy

Long Time RKI Member

• Regular Group
  • 497 posts

Posted 07 May 2019 - 09:25 PM

Do you have a link? I think I watched the auction and deleted once it got too high.

TC

#3 Haenelistklasse

Haenelistklasse

• Regular Group
  • 106 posts

Posted 08 May 2019 - 08:26 AM

No, I didn't save the link but it was a pretty decent kit but it brought crazy money. The barrel was nice on the outisde but inside it had some pretty good pitting. Maybe the guy wanted the rare MP38 mag marked 122 38 to match his gun???

#4 Normal1959

Normal1959

• Board Benefactor
  • 497 posts
  • Interests:Guns, collecting and playing poker.

Posted 14 May 2019 - 05:13 PM

All you need is 2 guys who really want something and an auction can go nuts. I can tell you stories. Sometimes it has nothing to do with real or fair value.

Eric

#5 ThompsonCrazy

ThompsonCrazy

Long Time RKI Member

• Regular Group
  • 497 posts

Posted 02 June 2019 - 12:33 PM

Here was the auction:

https://www.gunbroke.../item/809307010

The lower had a nice finish wear/originality with matching numbers that was a plus. Looked like an unmessed with hook charging handle bolt too. I have to dig out my slabsided mags! They are pretty!

TC

Edited by ThompsonCrazy, 02 June 2019 - 12:34 PM.

#6 TSMGguy

TSMGguy

Respected Member

• Board Benefactor
  • 2501 posts
  • Interests:Motorcycles, old airplanes, and guns.

Posted 28 June 2019 - 10:16 AM

Yeah, pretty pricy for a mismatched kit.

#7 huggytree

huggytree

Long Time RKI Member

• Regular Group
  • 2764 posts
  • Interests:Fast cars, Guns, Work

Posted 28 June 2019 - 08:02 PM

has the 1940 style charging handle...that bolt is worth a bit extra...ive seen barrels sell $750+, maybe that bolt is $500-750?

i sold a decent/blah kit for $2200 a while back....not nearly as nice as this one, but i think this one went $800 over its value...maybe someone had to have that bolt?

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: MP40