subsonic ammo

I see posts recommending higher weight ammo for the Mp40...ive got 3 selections in my war chest

115gr Fiocchi

158 PPU

158 IMI

will subsonic hot loads like the IMI cause issues? i dont want to over power the spring....

anyone use 115 fiocchi? its my lowest priced stuff and what i have the most of....if it doesnt work the gun will do a runaway on me correct? it wont fully cycle back behind the sear?

should i invest in a couple thousands rounds of 124 grain and add further to my stockpile? any recommended brass cased cheap stuff?

I use Winchester 124 gr. NATO ammo. Works great. I've seen on this Board where others use it too.

I don't know about the ammo in your post. The only thing I use 9mm 148 gr. for is out of suppressed guns (because it's subsonic).

Robert

i grabbed 1000 rounds of winchester 124 from lucky gunner $207 shipped

id still like info from others if subsonic and 115 grain will work in the gun....i dont ''plan'' on using the subsonic due to cost and i wont run the gun suppressed anyways..just thought it would function better with harder hitting ammo....vs the lighter 115 grain..

or will the subsonic damage the gun (i plan to replace the springs once the gun is verified functional as is)

I have a reseach paper on WWII German 9mm somewhere on one of three computers that breaks down the different bullet weights used by the Germans, I will to locate it tomorrow.

From a 16 April 2010 post - http://www.machinegunboards.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=11890&p=99455

"Pistolen Patrone 08 - 8 gms (123.45 grains) bullet / 1050 fps

Pistolen Patrone 08 S.E. (S.E. standing for Sintereisenkern or pressed steel core) - 5.9 gms (91 grains) bullet / 1350 fps

Pistolenpatronen 08 m.E. (m.e. = mit Eisenkern or with iron core) - 6.3-6.5 gms (97-100 grains) bullet.

There is a very good chart from a 1944 dated Army manual on page 227 of Frank Iannamico's Blitzkrieg."

I generally shoot 115 grain out of my MP40, Stens and Uzi. 124 grain is just extra expense with no additional benefit. Virtually all the pistol caliber ammunition I shoot comes out of a Dillon 650, I rarely buy commercial ammunition.